Cafe Group Policies
Lake Effect Café Group Reservations Policies
Penfield Library's Lake Effect Café (the room) is open to the public whenever the library is open. Subject to the guidelines on this page, these groups may reserve use:
- College departments
- Officially recognized organizations
During café open hours, anyone may purchase food and drink or use the room for study. Exclusive use of the room is available only when the café food service is closed.
- Group size: 35 people maximum
- Publicity: Groups must provide their own publicity for events.
- Furniture: Major rearrangement of furniture is not permitted. The room must be left the way it was before you arrived.
- Technology: The room currently is not wired for computer-assisted presentations or audio. Technology needs must be arranged in advance with Campus Technology Services.
Food & Drink
- Groups may purchase their food and drink at the Lake Effect Café counter or arrange for catering through Auxiliary Services. Outside catering and home-cooked food are not permitted.
- Alcohol is considered only when groups have exclusive use of the room, and is subject to guidelines from campus catering and the College Policy on Alcohol and Other Drugs (section 5F of Faculty & Professional Staff Handbook). It is not permitted while the café is open.
Noise and Sound Systems
- Noise should remain at a level that is not disruptive to activities in other areas of the library.
- Sound systems for musical amplification must be approved by the Library Director.