Borrowing for SUNY Students, Faculty, & Staff
Obtaining a Penfield Library Card
- You must present a current student ID from a SUNY school which participates in the Open Access program.
- No one else may use your Penfield Library Card.
What can I borrow?
You may borrow up to 10 items at a time (total).
|Material Type||How long||How many||Renewals||Can be recalled|
|Circulating Collection (books)||28 days||10||1||after 28 days|
|Browsing Collection (books)||28 days||10||1||after 28 days|
|Reference Collection (books)||NA||NA||NA||NA|
|Teaching Resource Center Materials||14 days||10||1||at any time|
|Audiobooks||28 days||10||1||at any time|
|Music CDs||14 days||5||1||at any time|
|Popular Videos||14 days||10||1||at any time|
|Instructional Media Collection||Library use only||NA||NA||NA|
|Devices, Chargers, Etc.||NA||NA||NA||NA|
Materials Penfield Library doesn't own
Open Access borrowers may not use Penfield's Interlibrary Loan system. If you need materials that Penfield Library does not own, we recommend that you ask your college's library to help you obtain them.
Fines and Penalties
Your borrowing privileges will be suspended if you have either:
- any overdue items
- any unpaid fines or fees
Borrowing privileges may be permanently withdrawn.
In addition to fines on overdue items, you will be billed for lost materials.
- You will be sent 3 notices for overdue materials.
- After the third notice, you will be invoiced for lost materials.
- Lost materials are billed for replacement costs plus a $25 processing fee per item.
|Material Type||Fines per day||Maximum per item|