What can I borrow?
|Material Type||How long||How many||Renewals||Can be recalled|
|Circulating Collection (books)||155 days||100||3||after 28 days|
|Browsing Collection (books)||28 days||100||1||after 28 days|
|Reference Collection (books)||1 day||5||0||no|
|Teaching Resource Center Materials||14 days||100||1||at any time|
|Audiobooks||28 days||100||3||at any time|
|Music CDs||14 days||5||1||at any time|
|Popular Videos||14 days||100||1||at any time|
|Instructional Media Collection||Library use only, or
library use only
|Devices, Chargers, Etc.||See Equipment for Checkout or ask library staff.|
Materials Penfield Library doesn't own
Graduate students may use interlibrary loan to obtain materials not owned by Penfield Library.
- The library will cover costs incurred, to a point. See Interlibrary Loan Service for more information.
Fines and Penalties
Your borrowing privileges will be suspended if you have:
- more than one overdue item
- an overdue recall item
- interlibrary loan materials more than two weeks overdue
Your borrowing privileges will be suspended and a hold will be placed on your student account if you have:
- $10 or more in fines and fees
In addition to fines on overdue items, you will be billed for lost materials.
- You will be sent 3 notices for overdue materials.
- After the third notice, you will be invoiced for lost materials.
- Lost materials are billed for replacement costs plus a $25 processing fee per item.
Privileges will be reinstated when the item(s) are returned and the fines are paid off.
|Material Type||Fines per day||Maximum per item|
|Reference Material||$1 / hour||$25|
|Reserve Item||$1 / hour||$25|
|Laptop||$6 / hour||$25|
|Technology: 2 Hour||$1 / hour||$25|
|Technology: Until Closing||$1 / hour||$25|
|Technology: 7 Day||$1 / hour||$10|