This page also applies to Emeriti Faculty Members.
What can I borrow?
|Material Type||How long||How many||Renewals||Can be recalled|
|Circulating Collection (books)||155 days||200||3||after 28 days|
|Browsing Collection (books)||28 days||100||1||after 28 days|
|Reference Collection (books)||1 day||5||0||no|
|Teaching Resource Center Materials||14 days||200||1||at any time|
|Audiobooks||28 days||200||4||at any time|
|Music CDs||14 days||5||1||at any time|
|Popular Videos||14 days||100||1||at any time|
|Instructional Media Collection||14 days||100||1||no|
library use only
|Devices, Chargers, Etc.||See Equipment for Checkout or ask library staff.|
Materials Penfield Library doesn't own
Faculty members may use interlibrary loan to obtain materials not owned by Penfield Library.
- The library will cover costs incurred, to a point. See Interlibrary Loan Service for more information.
Fines and Penalties
Your borrowing privileges may be suspended if you have:
- interlibrary loan materials more than two weeks overdue
Your borrowing privileges will be suspended if you have:
- $150 or more in total fines and fees owed ($50 for Emeriti Faculty)
While faculty members do not pay fines on most overdue items, you will be billed for lost materials.
- You will be sent 3 notices for overdue materials.
- After the third notice, you will be invoiced for lost materials.
- Lost materials are billed for replacement costs plus a $25 processing fee per item.
Privileges will be reinstated when the item(s) are returned and the fines are paid off.
|Material Type||Fines per day||Maximum per item|