Appeal Fines & Fees
If you feel that a library fine is not justified, you may appeal it by filling out this form. Fines and fees cannot be modified or waived without authorization.
Before You Appeal
The following reasons are generally not regarded as valid for cancelling or reducing charges:
- Lack of knowledge of library policy.
- Disagreement with library fine or fee structure.
- Material loaned to a third party.
- Non-receipt or late receipt of library reminder notice.
- Item not needed by anyone else.
- Forgetting the due date.
- Being out of town, term breaks, vacations, exams, research paper due, car problems, etc.
What To Expect When You Appeal
Your appeal will be carefully reviewed and investigated. This process cannot be completed hastily, so you should not expect an immediate decision.
Library holds on your student account will remain while we review your appeal. Holds will prevent you from registering, receiving grades, and acquiring transcripts. If you need immediate assistance, please contact the Check-Out & Reserves Desk at 315-312-2560.
If you are blocked from checking out library materials, you may request a temporary override after you have submitted your written appeal.
The Access Services Department will email you the outcome of your appeal. Questions about decisions made on appeals should be directed to the Coordinator of Access Services.