- Manuscript: The North Caucasus Borderland: Imperial Entanglements and Shifting Loyalties, 1555-1605.
- Article: "The North Caucasus between the Ottoman Empire and the Tsardom of Muscovy: The Beginnings of an Imperial Rivalry."
- Near and Middle Eastern History
- History of the Ottoman Empire
- Ottoman and Islamic Borderlands
- History of the Caucasus and Eurasian Steppes
- Ottoman-Russian Relations
- Minorities in the Middle East
- Historical GIS
- Digital History
- "Evliya Çelebi's Travels in the Circassian Lands: Vampires, Tree Worshippers, and Pseudo-Muslims." Acta Orientalia 67 (2014): 75-96.
- "Learning the Ropes: The Young Turk Perception of the 1905 Russian Revolution." Middle Eastern Studies 50 (2014): 114-128.
- "Teaching Middle Eastern History in North America: Challenges and Prospects." Perspectives on History 51 (2013): 33-35.
- "The North Caucasus in the Second Half of the Sixteenth Century: Imperial Entanglements and Shifting Loyalties." Ph.D. Dissertation, University of Toronto, 2011.
- "The Russians and the Turks: Imperialism and Nationalism in the Era of Empires." In Imperial Rule. Edited by A. Miller and A. J. Rieber, 27-47. New York: Central European University Press, 2004. [with Norman Stone and Sergei Podbolotov]
Ph.D., The University of Toronto, 2011
MA, Bilkent University, 2003
BA, Middle East Technical University, 2001