- American and European women's history
- US immigration history
- ethnic history
- “The Whole Wide World, Without Limits”: International Relief, Gender Politics and American Jewish Women, 1893-1930. American Jewish Civilization Series, ed. Jonathan Sarna and Moses Rischin. Detroit: Wayne State University Press, 2005
- “Immigrants, Family, and ‘Ellis Island Whiteness.’” Part of a Forum on Teaching Immigration and Ethnic History Through Film. Journal of American Ethnic History 30 (Summer 2011): 25-30.
- "Insignificant’ Lives, Significant Writings.” Review essay in Journal of Women’s History 20 (Summer 2008): 174-182.
- “Formulating the‘Women’s Interpretation of Zionism’: Hadassah Recruitment of Non-Zionist American Women, 1914-1930.” In Partners in Palestine: American Jewish Women in the Yishuv and Early State of Israel, ed. Shulamit Reinharz and Mark A. Raider, 90-111. Boston: University Press of New England, 2005.
Awards and honors
- Board of Editors, Women's History Review
- Academic Council, American Jewish Historical Society
- Coordinating Council for Women in History
- Organization of American Historians
- Immigration and Ethnic History Society
- Urban History Association
Ph.D., History, Ohio State University, 2000
MA,History, Ohio State University, 1994
MA, Russian Literature, University at Albany, 1990
BA, Russian Language and Russian & East European Studies, University at Albany, 1987
- US Since1865
- Women in American History, 1865-Present
- American Immigration and Ethnic History
- Women and War in the Twentieth Century