Special educators have one of the most complex and challenging roles in today’s changing schools. Receive ongoing support while working closely with full-time special education faculty who bring extensive experience working with students with a wide range of learning characteristics.
What you will study
Where you can study
- Oswego (main campus)
As a graduate of this program, you will deepen your professional knowledge and expertise in the field, and further develop leadership skills needed to help schools deliver quality inclusive education for all of the community’s children. Graduates of this program are well sought-after because of the depth of their preparation in key areas for all learners. Successful completion of this program provides current teachers the necessary degree requirements to obtain their NYSED professional teaching certification.
- Official transcripts showing confirmation of a Bachelor's degree
- Purpose statement for graduate study
- Education essay
- Two letters of recommendation
- $65 application fee
- Initial Teaching Certification
- GRE test scores (If GPA is lower than 2.7)
- Program advisement meeting