International Language & Education Center
SUNY Oswego offers programs year-round for speakers of other languages that will enable them to increase their proficiency in English.
During the Fall and Spring semesters, we offer ESL credit couses, academic advising and academic support for international students.
- English for Academic Purposes (EAP) Program will help you improve your academic English while taking undergraduate or graduate courses. EAP courses earn transcripted credit toward your degree program.
- Campus Resources for International Students, our brochure provides a wealth of helpful information about on campus services available to support international student success. Please feel free to browse or print the brochure.
English Conversation Hour is a great opportunity for international students, scholars and their spouses/partners who wish to gain further experience speaking English as a foreign language. Conversation hour will be held every week from January 27th through May 12th with the exception of March 17th (Spring Break Week). Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Date: Fridays Time: 3pm - 4pm Location Marano: Penfield Library - Lake Effect Conference Room
During the summer semester we offer credit-and non-credit intensive English programs.
- College students may attend our Summer Intensive English Program (SIEP) and earn up to 6 hours of transcripted credit.
- High school students may participate in our non-credit Genius Olympiad ESL (GO ESL) Program.
- Included in both programs is the opportunity to improve your English skills in listening, speaking, reading, writing, and grammar through classroom instruction and conversation hour and to learn about American culture through group activites and weekend trips.
Division of Extended Learning
151 Marano Campus Center
Phone: 315-312-2270 | Fax: 315-312-3078 | Email: email@example.com