You can order books from the SUNY Oswego College Bookstore
- Glanz, J. (2002). Finding your leadership style: a guide for educators. Alexandria, VA.: Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development. ISBN: 0-87120-692-7
- Jackson, Y. & McDermott, V. (2012) Aim high, achieve more: How to transform urban schools through fearless leadership. Alexandria, VA. ISBN: 978-1-4166-1457-8
- Johnson, C.E. (2015) Meeting the ethical challenges of leadership: Casting light or shadow. (5th ed.) Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage. ISBN: 978-1-4522-5918
- Northouse, P. G. (2016). Leadership: theory and practice (7th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA.: Sage. ISBN-13: 978-1-4833-1753-3
- American Psychological Association (2013). Publication manual of the American psychological association. (5th ed). Washington DC: Author.
- Bennis, W. (2009). On becoming a leader. Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley. ISBN-13: 9780738208176
- Bolman, L.G. & Deal, T.E. (2006) The wizard and the warrior: Leading with passion and power. San Franscisco, CA: Jossey-Bass Publishers. ISBN: 978-0-7879-7413-8.
- Byham, W. C. (1992). Zapp! in education: how empowerment can improve the quality of instruction, and student, and teacher satisfaction. New York, NY: Fawcett Columbine. ISBN-13: 9780449907962
- Covey, S. R. (2006) The 8th habit: from effectiveness to greatness. New York, NY: Free Press, Simon & Schuster. ISBN-13: 978-0762428533
- Covey, S. R. (2004). The 7 habits of highly effective people: powerful lessons in personal change. New York, NY: Golden Books. ISBN-13: 978-0743272452
- Donlevy, J.K. & Walker, K.D. (2011) Working through ethics in education and leadership: Theory, analysis, plays, cases, poems, prose, and speeches. Rotterdam: Sense Publishers. ISBN: 978-94-6091-375-4.
- Gardner, J. W. (1993). Gardner on leadership. New York, NY: Simon & Schuster for National Association of Secondary School Principals. ISBN-13: 9780029113127
- Garmston, R. J., & Wellman, B. M. (1992). How to make presentations that teach and transform. Alexandria, VA.: Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development. ISBN-13: 9780871201997
- Kleon, A. (2012) Steal like an artist: 10 things nobody told you about being creative. New York: Workman Publishing Company. ISBN: 978-0-7611-6925-3
- LexisNexis (2012) School Law (35th ed.) New York State Boards Association/New York State Bar Association.
- Marzano, R.J., Waters, T. & McNulty, B.A. (2009) School leadership that works: From research to results. Alexandria, VA: ASCD. ISBN: 1-4166-0227-5.
- Powell, C. (2012) It worked for me: In life and leadership. New York: Harper Collins. ISBN: 978-0-06-213512-4.
- Strike, K.A. (2007) Ethical leadership in schools: Creating community in an environment of accountability. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin Press. ISBN: 978-1-4129-1351-5
- Truss, L. (2006). Eats shoots & leaves: the zero tolerance approach to punctuation. New York, NY: Gotham Books. ISBN-13: 9781592402038
- Wheelan, S. A. (2016). Creating effective teams: a guide for members and leaders (5th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA.: Sage Publications. ISBN: 978-1-48334612-0 (One copy of this book will be loaned to each Issue Analysis Team).
- Marzano, R.J., Waters, T. & McNulty, B.A. (2005). School Leadership That Works: From Research to Results. Alexandria, VA: Association for Supervision & Curriculum Development. ISBN-13: 978-1416602279
- Dufor, R., Marzano, R.J. (2011). Leaders of Learning: How District, School, and Classroom Leaders Improve Student Achievement. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree, ISBN-13: 978-1935542667
- Whitaker, T. (2012). What Great Principals Do Differently: Eighteen Things That Matter Most. Larchmont, NY: Eye on Education. ISBN: 978-1-59667-200-0
- Rebore, R.W. (2011) The Essentials of Human Resources Administration in Education. Allyn & Bacon Educational Leadership Series. ISBN-13: 978-0137008537
- Webb, L.D. and Norton, M.S. (2012) Human Resources Administration - Personnel Issues and Needs in Education (5th Edition) - ISBN-13: 978-0132397711
- Imber, M. and van Geel, T (2010) A Teacher's Guide to Education Law. ISBN# 9780415994637
- Zepeda, S. J. (2012). Instructional supervision: applying tools and concepts. 3rd edition. Larchmont, NY: Eye on Education. ISBN-13: 9781596672079
- Glatthorn, A., Boschee, F. and Whitehead, B. (2012). Curriculum Leadership: Development and Implementation (3rd ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA.: Corwin Press. ISBN-13: 978-1-4129-9219-0
- Jacobs, H. (2010). Curriculum 21: essential education for a changing world. Alexandria, VA: ASCD. ISBN-13: 9781416609407
- Marx, G. (2006). An overview of sixteen trends: their profound impact on our future. Alexandria, VA: Educational Research Service. ISBN-13: 9781931762526
- Heath, C. & Heath, D. (2010). Switch: How to change things when change is hard. New York: Random House. [ISBN 978-0-385-52875-7]
Required for Review in Module I: [During the first class session, review groups will be assembled to review one book each from the list below.]
- Bolman, L. & Deal, T. (2013). Reframing organizations: Artistry, choice & leadership. (5th Edition) San Francisco: Jossey-Bass. [ISBN: 978-1412978194]
- Cameron, K.S. & Quinn, R.E. (2011) Diagnosing & changing organizational culture. (3rd Edition) San Francisco: Jossey-Bass. [ISBN: 978-0470650264]
- Fullan, M. (2007). Leading in a culture of change. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass. [ISBN: 978-0787987664]
- Martin-Kniep, G. (2007) Communities that learn, lead & last: building and Sustaining Educational Experience. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass. [ISBN: 978-0787985134]
- Patterson, J. (2003). Coming even cleaner about organizational change. Lanham: MD: The Scarecrow Press. [ISBN: 978-0810847392]
- Reeves, D. (2009). Leading change in your school. How to conquer myths, build commitment, and get results. Alexandria, VA: ASCD. [ISBN: 978-1416608080]
- Barth, R. (2004). Learning by heart. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass. [ISBN: 978-0787972233]
- Bergmann, S. (2007). Lead me I dare you. Larchmont, NY: Eye on Education. [ISBN: 978-1596670440]
- Bolman, L. & Deal, T. (2011). Leading with soul. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass. [ISBN: 978-0470619001]
- Bolman, L. & Deal, T. (2010) Reframing the path to school leadership: A guide for teachers & principals. (2nd Edition) Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin. [ISBN: 978-1412978194]
- Fullan, M. (2010). All systems go; the change imperative for whole system reform. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin. [ISBN: 978-1412978736]
- Gladwell, M. (2002). The tipping point. Boston: Little Brown and Company. [ISBN: 978-0316346627]
- Heifitz, R. (1998). Leadership without easy answers. Boston: Harvard University Press. [ISBN: 978-0674518582]
- Marshall, C. (2009). Leadership for social justice: making revolutions in education. Boston: Allyn and Bacon. [ISBN: 978-0131362666]
- Munro, J.H. (2007). Round table viewpoints, Organizational leadership. Dubuque, IA: McGraw-Hill. [ISBN: 978-0073527826]
- Pink, D.H. (2005) A whole new mind: Why right-brainers will rule the future. New York: Penguin Group, Inc. [ISBN: 978-1594481710]
- Pink, D.H. (2011) Drive: The surprising truth about what motivates us. New York: Penguin Group, Inc. [ISBN: 978-1594484803]
- Senge, P. (2006). The fifth discipline: the art & practice of the learning organization. New York: Doubleday. [ISBN 978-0553456349]