The Curriculum and Instruction Department offers programs that lead to the bachelor of science degree and a NYS initial teaching certification in either
- Childhood 1-6;
- Adolescence 7-12 in the certification areas of biology, chemistry, earth sciences, English, French, German, mathematics, physics, social studies and Spanish; and
- Teaching English to speakers of other languages (TESOL) K-12.
All programs offer candidates the opportunity to experience course work in pedagogy while encouraging candidates to examine a variety of course work in the academic areas, Candidates in the adolescence 7-12 programs and TESOL are encouraged to consider completing a second major in the area of their concentration.
The Curriculum and Instruction Department offers nine graduate degree programs in the following areas:
- Master of science in education: Curriculum and instruction professional certification;
- Master of science in education: Literacy education, birth-Grade 6 initial/professional certification; literacy education, Grades 5-12 initial/professional certification;
- Master of science in education, special education: Childhood 1-6, initial/professional certification;
- Master of science in education: Childhood education 1-6 initial/professional certification;
- Master of science in education: Adolescence education 7-12 initial/professional certification; and
- Master of arts in teaching: Art, chemistry, mathematics, initial/professional certification.