The Curriculum and Instruction Department offers programs that lead to the bachelor of science degree and a NYS initial teaching certification in either
- Adolescence 7-12 in the certification areas of biology, chemistry, earth sciences, English, French, German, mathematics, physics, social studies and Spanish;
- Childhood 1-6; and
- Teaching English to speakers of other languages (TESOL) K-12.
All programs offer candidates the opportunity to experience course work in pedagogy while encouraging candidates to examine a variety of course work in the academic areas. Candidates in the adolescence 7-12 programs and TESOL are encouraged to consider completing a second major in the area of their concentration.
The Curriculum and Instruction Department offers graduate degree programs in the following areas:
- MST Initial Teacher Certification in Adolescence Education (7-12)
*(Content areas include: English, Mathematics, French, German, Spanish, Social Studies, Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science, or Physics).
- MAT Art K-12
- MST Initial Teacher Certification in Childhood Education (1-6)
- Special Education (Grades 1-6): Initial Certification and Professional MSED
- Literacy (Birth-Grade 6 and Grades 5-12): Initial Certification and Professional MSED
- Curriculum & Instruction: Professional Certification