CSTEP Student Eligibility
- Be a New York state sesident
- Be part of a group of historically underrepresented minorities and or economically disadvantaged students (see income eligibility criteria per state mandate)
- Be a student with good academic standing in fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or other licensed professions and who demonstrate interest in post-baccalaureate education
- Be a full time student
SUNY Oswego Requirements
- Maintain a GPA of 2.0 or better
- Meet with an advisor, mentor, or professional in their field once a month
- Adhere to event participation guidelines
- Be active in campus engagement and leadership organizations
- Participate in CSTEP recruiting events on and off campus
- Complete at least one internship and/or a research project before graduation
- Develop and maintain an academic plan
- Present at conferences such CSTEP Annual Conference, or Quest
- Must register for Freshman/Sophomore or Junior/Senior class
- CSTEP strongly encourages participation in research and study abroad programs
How to Join
If you meet these guidelines simply:
- Pick up an application from the CSTEP office located in 171 Campus Center.
- Complete and submit application.
- CSTEP staff will review your application and notify you via email for an interview.