Online Credentials Service (Reference Account)
TIPS FOR OBTAINING GREAT REFERENCES:
1. Select only writers with whom you have established a positive working relationship. Ask "do you feel you know me well enough to provide a positive reference letter?"
2. Request letters early, while reference writers still remember you. Ask before you leave the class or current position.
3. Provide writer with a copy of your résumé to let them know about your other experiences/proficiencies.
4. Professors, cooperating teachers, or principals, current job supervisors and co-workers can all be good resources.
5. Be sure to have at least three letters of reference.
REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT:
1. Download and follow the instructions.(306 kb file)
2. Pay registration fee below
*If you established a paper-based reference folder with Career Services prior to January 2009, please contact our office Monday-Friday, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm by calling 315-312-2255. We would be happy to upload your existing references to your new online account as well as transfer any remaining credits you may have had toward future mailing orders.
Registration fee = $15.00 (allows 10 years access to online system)
Order mailing fee = $6.00 per location order is sent (USPS or electronic delivery) regardless of number of references sent
Next day mailing fee = $20.00 (can't guarantee weekend delivery or delivery on school holidays)
If you have extenuating circumstances and are unable to pay online, please contact the Career Services Office at 315-312-2255. We may be able to arrange for other methods of payment.
REQUESTING REFERENCES AND PLACING ORDERS:
Download the instructions for requesting references and placing orders online (782 kb file)
Optional paper reference form available by calling Career Services at 315-312-2255, Monday-Friday, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm. Please be aware that this process takes significantly longer than it would if the reference writer submits your letters directly online.