- How do I login?
- Where do I find the Blackboard Learn User Guides?
- When will my courses appear?
- Where did my courses go?
- How do I remove a course from my Blackboard Learn Home page?
- What browsers should I use with Blackboard Learn?
- Blackboard Learn doesn't work as well from home as it does on campus.
- Blackboard Learn indicates that my test is timed, but I don’t see a timer.
1. HOW DO I LOGIN?
To log-in to Blackboard Learn, you must use your SUNY Oswego Laker NetID and password. If you do not know your Laker NetID and password, please follow the instructions for setting up your Oswego Email account and password listed here.
Student using Blackboard Learn for the first time are encouraged to go through the Open SUNY Student Orientation to get an overview of the most common tasks in Blackboard Learn. From Blackboard Learn, the Student Orientation link is available on the My Institution tab.
- Before the start of the semester: After officially registering for a course, courses will not be listed in Blackboard Learn until at least one week prior to the start of the semester. If you are enrolled in a fully online course and your course is not visible in Blackboard Learn one week before the start of the semester, please contact Open SUNY Help Desk. Otherwise, ask your instructor if you will be using Blackboard Learn for that course.
- After the start of the semester: When students officially register for a course through the myOswego, it can take up to 48 hours for their courses to get synchronized into Blackboard Learn. The student course enrollment process runs daily - Monday through Friday. If you register for a class during the day you will see your class appear in your Blackboard Learn account the following evening. Additionally, if you officially drop a course it will be removed from your Blackboard Learn account within 48 hours.
If you log into Blackboard Learn and see that your courses are missing it could mean one of several things. Most commonly, students will have a hold on their account and have been temporarily de-registered from their courses. To troubleshoot, please log into myOswego to see if you have any holds on your account. After you clear up any outstanding issues your course access will be restored. If you still have issues, contact the Open SUNY Help Desk.
- Current Semester Course: Once you have officially dropped a course, it can take up to 48 hours before the system removes the course from your Blackboard Learn home page.
- Previous Semester Course: Point the cursor anywhere within the My Courses module and a cog icon will appear. Click on the cog icon. In the Edit Course List section, uncheck coures you no longer want to display on your home page. NOTE: Doing this will not remove you from the course.
We are recommending the use of the latest version of either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox at this time.
Disable your personal Firewall or Web Accelerator and make sure you are using one of the recommended browsers listed above. Also, the Open SUNY Browser Compatibility checker on the My Institution tab will ensure that you have your computer configured correctly to use Blackboard. If any of the browser checks fail, please follow the on-screen instructions to remedy the problem.
Under certain circumstances, such as the instructor writing long instructions for a test, or if you are using a computer with a small screen, it is possible for the timer bar to be “pushed off” the screen. To view it, you will need to collapse the Test Information at the beginning of the test. Clicking on the text “Test Information” will cause the instructions to collapse and will “pull” the timer bar up onto the screen.