To prepare as a biology or zoology major at SUNY Oswego, you will want to begin your studies in high school or at a previous college. The courses listed below will help lead you to success.
Transfer student recommended courses
- Introductory Biology for science majors (four credits with lab, cell and molecular focus)
- General Chemistry I & II for science majors (eight hours with labs)
- Pre-calculus (or higher) and statistics
Biology and zoology are restricted majors. Both current Oswego students and external transfer students must complete the following before being admitted into the biology or zoology major programs:
- Eng 102 (Composition II), Mat 120 (Precalc) or Mat 210 (Calculus) and Che 111 (General Chemistry I) with a C- or better
- Have a cumulative GPA of a 2.5 or better