Christopher H. Chandler
Tues and Fri, or by appointment
Evolutionary genetics of sex determination mechanisms and sexual differentiation, sexual selection, and understanding how genes and the environment interact to influence organismal phenotypes.
- genetics and genomics
- evolutionary biology
- computational biology
Chandler, C.H., Badawi, M., Moumen B., Grève P., and Cordaux, R. 2015. Multiple conserved heteroplasmic sites in tRNA genes in the mitochondrial genomes of terrestrial isopods (Oniscidea). G3: Genes, Genomes, Genetics, 5, 1317-1322.
Chandler, C.H. 2014. Parallel genome-wide fixation of ancestral alleles in partially outcrossing experimental populations of Caenorhabditis elegans. G3: Genes, Genomes, Genetics, 4, 1657-1665.
- Chandler, C.H., Chari, S., Tack, D., and Dworkin, I. 2014. Causes and consequences of genetic background effects illuminated by integrative genomic analysis. Genetics, 196, 1321-1336.
- Sethuraman, A., McGaugh, S.E., Becker, M.L., Chandler, C.H., Christiansen, J.L., Hayden, S., LeClere, A., Monson-Miller J., Myers, E.M., Paitz, R.T., Refsnider, J.M., VanDeWalle, T.J., and Janzen, F.J. 2014. Population genetics of Blanding's turtle (Emys blandingii) in the midwestern United States. Conservation Genetics, 15, 61-73.
- Chandler, C.H., Chari, S., and I. Dworkin. 2013. Does your gene need a background check? How genetic background impacts the analysis of mutations, genes, and evolution. Trends in Genetics, 29, 358-366.
- Chandler, C.H., Ofria, C.O., and I. Dworkin. 2013. Runaway sexual selection leads to good genes. Evolution, 67, 110-119.
- Chandler, C.H., Chadderdon, G.E., Phillips, P.C., Dworkin, I., and F.J. Janzen. 2012. Experimental evolution of the Caenorhabditis elegans sex determination pathway. Evolution, 66, 82-93.
- Chandler, C.H. 2010. Cryptic intraspecific variation in sex determination in Caenorhabditis elegans revealed by mutations.Heredity, 105, 473-482.
- Chandler, C.H., and F.J. Janzen. 2009. The phylogenetic position of the snapping turtles (Chelydridae) based on nucleotide sequence data.Copeia, 2009, 209-213.
- Chandler, C.H., P.C. Phillips, and F.J. Janzen. 2009. The evolution of sex-determining mechanisms: Lessons from temperature-sensitive mutations in sex determination genes in Caenorhabditis elegans.Journal of Evolutionary Biology, 22, 192-200.
- Chandler, C.H., and K.R. Zamudio. 2008. Reproductive success by large, closely related males facilitated by sperm storage in an aggregate breeding amphibian. Molecular Ecology, 17, 1564-1576.
- Myers, E., J. Tucker, and C.H. Chandler. 2007. Experimental analysis of body size and shape during critical life-history events of hatchling slider turtles, Trachemys scripta elegans. Functional Ecology, 21, 1106-1114.
Ph.D., Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Iowa State University
BS, Biological Sciences, Cornell University