You are here
Christopher H. Chandler
Tuesday, Friday 10-11 am
or by appointment
Evolutionary genetics of sex determination mechanisms and sexual differentiation, sexual selection, and understanding how genes and the environment interact to influence organismal phenotypes.
- genetics and genomics
- evolutionary biology
- computational biology
Chandler, C.H., Badawi, M., Moumen B., Grève P., and Cordaux, R. 2015. Multiple conserved heteroplasmic sites in tRNA genes in the mitochondrial genomes of terrestrial isopods (Oniscidea). G3: Genes, Genomes, Genetics, 5, 1317-1322.
Chandler, C.H. 2014. Parallel genome-wide fixation of ancestral alleles in partially outcrossing experimental populations of Caenorhabditis elegans. G3: Genes, Genomes, Genetics, 4, 1657-1665.
- Chandler, C.H., Chari, S., Tack, D., and Dworkin, I. 2014. Causes and consequences of genetic background effects illuminated by integrative genomic analysis. Genetics, 196, 1321-1336.
- Sethuraman, A., McGaugh, S.E., Becker, M.L., Chandler, C.H., Christiansen, J.L., Hayden, S., LeClere, A., Monson-Miller J., Myers, E.M., Paitz, R.T., Refsnider, J.M., VanDeWalle, T.J., and Janzen, F.J. 2014. Population genetics of Blanding's turtle (Emys blandingii) in the midwestern United States. Conservation Genetics, 15, 61-73.
- Chandler, C.H., Chari, S., and I. Dworkin. 2013. Does your gene need a background check? How genetic background impacts the analysis of mutations, genes, and evolution. Trends in Genetics, 29, 358-366.
- Chandler, C.H., Ofria, C.O., and I. Dworkin. 2013. Runaway sexual selection leads to good genes. Evolution, 67, 110-119.
- Chandler, C.H., Chadderdon, G.E., Phillips, P.C., Dworkin, I., and F.J. Janzen. 2012. Experimental evolution of the Caenorhabditis elegans sex determination pathway. Evolution, 66, 82-93.
- Chandler, C.H. 2010. Cryptic intraspecific variation in sex determination in Caenorhabditis elegans revealed by mutations.Heredity, 105, 473-482.
- Chandler, C.H., and F.J. Janzen. 2009. The phylogenetic position of the snapping turtles (Chelydridae) based on nucleotide sequence data.Copeia, 2009, 209-213.
- Chandler, C.H., P.C. Phillips, and F.J. Janzen. 2009. The evolution of sex-determining mechanisms: Lessons from temperature-sensitive mutations in sex determination genes in Caenorhabditis elegans.Journal of Evolutionary Biology, 22, 192-200.
- Chandler, C.H., and K.R. Zamudio. 2008. Reproductive success by large, closely related males facilitated by sperm storage in an aggregate breeding amphibian. Molecular Ecology, 17, 1564-1576.
- Myers, E., J. Tucker, and C.H. Chandler. 2007. Experimental analysis of body size and shape during critical life-history events of hatchling slider turtles, Trachemys scripta elegans. Functional Ecology, 21, 1106-1114.
Ph.D., Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Iowa State University
BS, Biological Sciences, Cornell University