You are here
Anthony L. Contento
Visiting Assistant Professor
Tuesdays & Thursdays from 3:30 - 4:30 pm;
Wednesday 12:30 - 1:30 pm
or by appointment
Plant proteomics, post-harvest agricultural technology, hydroponics/aquaponics, plant stress responses, oxidative stress, macroautophagy, programmed cell death, online delivery of science curriculum, reacting pedagogy, moral conversation
- molecular cell biology
- plant physiology
- protein biochemistry
- Cullis C., Contento, A.L., and Schell, M.A. (2014) "DNA Protein Analysis throughout the Industrial Refining Process of Sugar Cane. Agricultural & Food Res. 3(2): 1-15.
- Contento A.L. (2012) Laboratory Exercises and Techniques in Cellular Biology. Hoboken, NJ: John C. Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Contento, A.L. and Bassham D.C. (2012) Structure and Function of Endosomes in Plant Cells. Journal of Cell Science. 125(Pt 15): 3511-8.
- Hillwig M., Contento A.L., Meyer A., Ebany D., Bassham D.C., MacIntosh G. (2011) RNS2, a conserved member of the RNase T2 family, is necessary for ribosomal RNA decay in plants Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 108, 1093-1098.
- Contento A.L. and Bassham D.C. (2010) Increase in catalase-3 activity as a response to use of alternative catabolic substrates during sucrose starvation. Plant Physiol. Biochem. 48 (4), 232-238.
- Xiong Y., Contento A.L. and Bassham D.C. (2007) Disruption of autophagy results in constitutive oxidative stress in Arabidopsis. Autophagy. 3, 257-258.
- Xiong, Y., Contento, A.L., Phan, N.P. and Bassham, D.C. (2006) Degradation of oxidized proteins by autophagy during oxidative stress in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol., 143, 291-299.
- Xiong Y., Contento A.L. and Bassham D.C. (2005) AtATG18a is required for the formation of autophagosomes during nutrient stress and senescence in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant J., 42, 535-546.
- Contento A.L., Xiong Y. and Bassham D.C. (2005) Visualization of autophagy in Arabidopsis using the fluorescent dye monodansylcadaverine and a GFP-AtATG8e fusion protein. Plant J., 42, 598-608.
- Contento A.L., Kim S.J. and Bassham D.C. (2004) Transcriptome profiling of the response of Arabidopsis thaliana suspension culture cells to sucrose starvation. Plant Physiol., 135, 2330-2347.
Ph.D., Molecular Biology from the University of Wyoming
B.S., Recombinant Gene Technology, SUNY Fredonia