Welcome to the Oswego Community Brochure

You commit to enroll at SUNY Oswego by submitting the Admissions Deposit and Housing Intent within your Application Portal. If you prefer, you may send a check or money order (made payable to SUNY Oswego) along with the deposit form included with your offer of admission. The Admissions Deposit is $100; there is not a housing deposit fee, however students must submit a Housing Intent, per the College Housing Policy described in the ON CAMPUS HOUSING section of this brochure.

To reserve your place at Oswego for the fall semester, you must commit by May 1 or as indicated in your acceptance letter, whichever is later. To commit to Oswego for the spring semester, you must submit a deposit by December 1 or as indicated in your acceptance letter, whichever is later.

New Student Orientation is an exciting program designed to assist new students in transitioning into the academic, cultural, and social climate of the campus; to promote student learning and development; and, to establish the pathway for student success starting at point of entry. Orientation is an ongoing process, starting with your summer program and continuing into the early fall for those students entering the college in the fall semester. A New Student Orientation program is also held in January prior to the start of the spring term for those entering in spring.

During the New Student Orientation process, students will:

Meet other new students, returning student leaders, and an academic advisor
Confirm course registration
Learn about the college’s academic expectations, student life policies and how to access the college’s services
Begin your journey to becoming a Laker and learn about important campus traditions and ways to get involved in campus life
Take part in many social programs and events 

New Student Orientation also features parent/family programs designed to introduce family members to the campus community. Students will receive more detailed information on the New Student Orientation program after the admission deposit is submitted.

For further information, please contact:
New Student Orientation
145 Marano Campus Center
315.312.5522 / orient@oswego.edu

Oswego financial aid applicants should file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and list “Oswego State, Oswego, NY 13126” as one of the colleges authorized to receive the information (Oswego’s federal code is 002848). When completing the FAFSA, New York State residents will be given the opportunity to complete the online TAP application at the same time. Complete this process online by going to www.FAFSA.ed.gov.

Applicants filing these two forms will be considered for the Federal Pell Grant, TAP, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, Federal TEACH Grant, Federal College Work-Study, the Federal Direct Stafford Loan, and Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS). 

Students who have filed their FAFSA by February 15th (November 15th for the spring term) will receive priority for campus based federal funding. The Oswego Office of Financial Aid will send notification of financial aid beginning February 1st (November 15th for spring applicants).

For further information, please contact:
Office of Financial Aid
206 Culkin Hall
315.312.2248 / financial.aid@oswego.edu

Given the residential nature of our campus, all new full-time students are required to live on campus unless they:
1. will be 21 years of age as of Sept. 1 for fall admission or Jan. 1 for spring admission; OR
2. will be commuting from the domicile of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s); OR
3. are married; OR
4. have a child; OR
5. receive approval of their properly completed Request for Exemption from College Housing Policy.

The on-campus housing process begins when new students indicate their intent to live on campus, either online or by checking the appropriate box and returning the deposit form included with your admission packet. After doing so, new students will be prompted to complete the New Student Housing Application at myHousing.oswego.edu.

For further information, contact:
Residence Life & Housing Office
303 Culkin Hall
315.312.2246 / reslife@oswego.edu

Transfer credit toward degree requirements at Oswego will be considered for any college-level course(s) which you have completed prior to enrollment. An official degree audit of transfer credit will normally be completed by the Office of Admissions and forwarded to you following receipt of your admission deposit and a complete listing of the college-level courses you are currently taking. Prior college credit may also be applied through proficiency examination credits. SUNY Oswego awards credit for Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB) and the College Level Examination Program (CLEP). Students are encouraged to submit scores prior to enrollment. Course equivalencies can be found online at www.oswego.edu/ap. 

For further information, please contact:
Office of Admissions / 229 Sheldon Hall
315.312.2250 / admiss@oswego.edu

Admission and scholarship decisions are contingent upon satisfactory completion of all academic courses with grades similar to your work at the time of admission and, if necessary, receipt of official SAT and/or ACT scores (sent directly from testing agency or on an official high school transcript). It is your responsibility to have these forwarded to the Office of Admissions. Your final transcript must come directly from the school or college, include a date of graduation and type of degree earned, if applicable. Student copies and faxes cannot be accepted as official transcripts.

After submitting your admission deposit, go to oswego.edu/email to activate your LakerNet ID. Use your LakerNet ID and password to then log into the Oswego Application Protal and the New Student Menu. Follow the link to Health Requirements. Use the Forms link to complete the Health History Survey. A hard copy of your immunizations is required and may be sent by fax, email or mail to Walker Health Center. A copy of immunizations from your high school, previous college or signed copy from your health care provider is acceptable. Students under 18 are asked to send authorization for medical treatment form. Receipt of the online health history and immunization hard copy is required in order to register for an orientation program. New NCAA intercollegiate athletes (not club or intramurals) must submit a pre-participation sports physical exam form found at the Forms link. This is required BEFORE try-outs or practice.

For further information and additional access to forms please go to: oswego.edu/walker
Walker Health Center / 315.312.4100 / whealth@oswego.edu

A statement of charges will be emailed to the student’s oswego.edu email account and all authorized users late in July for fall; December for spring. Payment in full or initial payment with enrollment in a Payment Plan must be made by the due date.

Students can view the bill, make a payment, add authorized users, and join a payment plan all through their myOswego account. Go to oswego.edu/myoswego, sign in and click on Financial Services, Student Accounts then click View Pay Bill. All Federal and State aid will be set as a deferral on the student’s account if all requirements have been satisfied. 

For further information, please contact:
Student Accounts Office / 408 Culkin Hall
315.312.2225 / stuaccts@oswego.edu

For the fall semester, your $100 admission deposit will be refunded if your written request is received before May 1, or within 30 days after acceptance, whichever is later. For the spring semester, your $100 admission deposit will be refunded if your written request is received before December 1 or within 30 days after acceptance, whichever is later. 

Admission deposits may be refunded after the deadlines stated above if, in the opinion of the chief administrative officer, circumstances beyond the control of the student have prevented enrollment at the College.

For further information, please contact:
Office of Admissions / 229 Sheldon Hall
315.312.2250 / admiss@oswego.edu