Students walking in front of Shineman Center
Visit Us

The best way to experience our friendly, learner-centered community is to visit.

Students sitting next to Lake Ontario
Intro video

One video, 60 seconds, countless reasons to consider SUNY Oswego.

Three students walk across campus
Get involved

Explore our nearly 200 clubs and organizations that can forge connections and create opportunities.

Graduates pose during Reunion
Get ready for reunion

Join us for the biggest alumni party of the year, June 9 to 12!

Nighttime view of Sheldon Hall clocktower
Oswego rising

Lakeshore college continues climb in ratings, reviews.

You are here

Transfers apply

SUNY Oswego accepts either The Common Application OR the SUNY Application.

  • A $50 non-refundable application fee is required by both. 

  Please complete and submit only one.

The Common Application, which is accepted by over 600 colleges nationwide, allows you to apply to any participating school with one application.  It includes a personal essay and school supplement/ counselor evaluation form.  The online SUNY Application, which is accepted by 52 of the 64 campuses, allows you to apply to several SUNY colleges with one application (a SUNY pdf version is also available). 

Applicants who have registered for at least 12 credit hours at another college or university, following graduation from high school, are considered transfer students.

The priority date for consideration of transfer applications is May 1 for the fall semester and December 1 for the spring.  Applications will still be accepted after the priority dates as space remains available.

How to apply

    • Apply using either The Common Application or SUNY application. Note: The Common Application closes July 21, 2016 for fall 2016 applications.

    • Submit all official college or university transcripts (transcripts must be submitted regardless of credits earned)

    • Transfer applicants are required to complete the Transfer Application Supplement.  Be sure to include all activities from high school graduation through the term you are applying.

    • Check your status online- Once you've applied for admission check your application status online to see what information we've received and what is still needed.

Additional Information that may be requested:

  •  Transfer applicants applying "undecided" will be asked to complete an area of concentration sheet if they have completed 30 or more credit hours, or more then 2 full-time semesters.

  • If you've completed fewer than 30 credit hours at the time of application, you must also submit an official high school transcript.

  • Transfer students who are currently taking college coursework maybe required to submit mid-term grades.  Mid-terms can either be submitted through your school's grade reporting system or by completing the SUNY Oswego Mid-Term Grade Report.

    Return to Top

International applicants should visit International Student and Scholar Services for application details.
Return to Top