- A $50 non-refundable application fee is required by both.
Please complete and submit only one.
|The Common Application, which is accepted by more than 600 colleges nationwide, allows you to apply to any participating school with one application. It includes a personal essay and school supplement/ counselor evaluation form.||The online SUNY Application, which is accepted by 52 of the 64 campuses, allows you to apply to several SUNY colleges with one application (a SUNY pdf version is also available).|
Freshman applicants will also need to submit the following:
- Official high school transcript(s)
- One recommendation (or form allowing for individual comments) from a school-based counselor or teacher
- Official SAT (code 2543) or ACT (code 2942)
- Check your status online: Once you've applied for admission check your application status online to see what information we've received and what is still needed. If additional forms are requested by the office you can find them online at oswego.edu/forms
When to apply
We strongly suggest that you submit your application between August 1 and January 15 for the fall semester, and before December 15 for the spring. After these dates, all applications are considered on a space-available basis. Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible in order to receive the fullest possible consideration.
Note: Although Oswego students are normally able to change from one major program to another, certain programs may be restricted. Students not admitted directly to one of these programs may have to apply for a space after enrolling.
An early action option is available to you as a fall semester freshmen applicant. Early action is a non-binding early application/ notification program that provides the earliest notification opportunity for freshman applicants. Admissions standards for early action are the same as regular decision, but will not allow for consideration of senior midterm grades or late fall standardiezed testing.
Return to Top