- A $50 non-refundable application fee is required by both.
Please complete and submit only one.
|The Common Application, which is accepted by more than 600 colleges nationwide, allows you to apply to any participating school with one application. It includes a personal essay and school supplement/ counselor evaluation form.||The online SUNY Application, which is accepted by 52 of the 64 campuses, allows you to apply to several SUNY colleges with one application (a SUNY pdf version is also available).|
Freshman applicants will also need to submit the following:
- Official high school transcript(s)
- One recommendation (or form allowing for individual comments) from a school-based counselor or teacher
- Official SAT (code 2543) or ACT (code 2942)
- Check your status online: Once you've applied for admission check your application status online to see what information we've received and what is still needed. If additional forms are requested by the office you can find them online at oswego.edu/forms
When to apply
Priority Date extended to February 15 for fall applicants
We strongly suggest that you submit your application between August 1 and February 15 for the fall semester, and before December 15 for the spring. After these dates, all applications are considered on a space-available basis. Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible in order to receive the fullest possible consideration.
Note: Although Oswego students are normally able to change from one major program to another, certain programs may be restricted. Students not admitted directly to one of these programs may have to apply for a space after enrolling.
Students who decide that Oswego is their first-choice college may choose to apply for early decision. Early decision candidates may apply to other colleges. However, if admitted to Oswego under early decision, applicants must agree to attend Oswego and withdraw all other applications. By submitting your completed application marked for early decision by November 30, you'll receive a decision by December 15. Plus, you'll receive full consideration for any and all scholarships. Some early decision candidates will be notified, however, that they will be considered for regular admission after January 1.
Return to Top