Minor proposal procedure
Proposal template for a new minor program
Please provide all information requested below. Draft catalog copy, if available, may be a helpful way of providing much, if not all, of the solicited information. This proposal must be accompanied by the New or Revised Academic Programs Routing Form.
Summarize the proposed program’s educational and career objectives and its relationship to the mission of the institution.
B. Learning outcomes and assessment
- Outline the programmatic goals and objectives for the program, including a list of the learning outcomes students should demonstrate upon completing the program.
- What is the date of the initial periodic assessment of program and the length of the assessment cycle (years).
C. Curriculum outline
Outline all curricular requirements for the proposed program, including prerequisite, core, specialization (track, concentration), capstone, and any other relevant component requirements. Indicate if any of the courses are new ones and, if so, how faculty time is reallocated to cover the course (for example by alternating offering with another course or dropping another course). Please provide in catalog format.
- What is the projected enrollment when the program begins?
- What is the projected enrollment after five years?
- How were these projections determined?
List the name of each faculty member who will teach required and/or elective courses in the minor. Indicate the academic leadership of the program by placing an asterisk next to the name of the director or chair.
Please indicate how students in the minor will be advised.
Document the projected cost of the program according to the following template and identify the source of the funds.
|Start-up||When the Program Begins|
|Supplies & Expenses (OTPS)||New funds|
|Capital Expenditures||New funds|