Al Stamm's Papers
- *Stamm, A., P. Caplan & R. Hinrichs 1983: Examination of Rain under the Plume
from an Oil-fired Power Plant, International Association for Great Lakes Research,
- **Cox, D., J. Gannon, C. Esslinger, D. Pens, S. Peron, A.
Stamm, N. Swift, L. Taylor, P. Weber and S. Weber 1986: Winter Science
Curriculum Project: Middle
and High School Investigations, Science Teachers Association of New York State,
- **Cox, D., A. Stamm and S. Weber 1986: Winter Science
Curriculum Project, (Poster Session) National Science Teachers
Association, San Francisco,
- **Cox, D., J. Gannon, C. Esslinger, D. Pens, S. Peron, A.
Stamm, N. Swift, L. Taylor, P. Weber, S. Weber 1987:
Winter Science Curriculum Project: Middle
and High School Investigations, National Science Teachers Association,
- **Swift, N, A. Stamm & 3 others 1987: Winter Science Is Cool, National Science
Teachers Association, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Niziol, T., R. Reinking, R. Kropfli, G. Byrd, R. Ballentine, A.
Stamm, R. Penc, R. Caiazza, and C. Bedford 1990: The Lake Ontario Winter
Storms (LOWS) Project, Proceedings 47th Eastern Snow Conference, Bangor ME
- Reinking, R., R. Ballentine, A. Stamm and 6 others 1990: The Lake Ontario Winter
Storms Project (LOWS), Proceedings 16th Conference on Severe Storms and the
Conference on Atmospheric Electricity, Kananaskis
Park, Alta., Canada 613-618.
- Byrd, G., A. Stamm, R. Ballentine, R. Weinbeck and E. Chermack 1991: Use of
Mobile Radiosonde Systems to Observe the Environments of Lake Ontario Winter
Storms, Preprints 7th AMS Symposium on Meteorological Observations and
Instrumentation, New Orleans, LA J142-145.
- Zamora, R., R. Ballentine, A. Stamm and 5 others 1991: Evolution of a Freezing
Rain Storm Part I: Synoptic and Mesoscale conditions, First International Winter
Storm Symposium, New Orleans, LA 258-263.
- Ballentine, R., E. Chermack, A. Stamm, G. Byrd and R. Weinbeck
1991: Numerical Modeling of
Lake-Effect Snowstorms, Preprints 9th AMS Conference on Numerical Weather
Prediction, Denver, CO 718-721.
- *Stamm A., E. Chermack and M. Thomas 1992: Some experiences in assessing
aircraft anti-icing fluid under various snow conditions. Proceedings 49th Eastern
Snow Conference, Oswego, NY 31-37.
- Ballentine, R., E. Chermack, A. Stamm, D. Frank, M. Thomas and G. Beck 1992:
Numerical Simulation of the 31 January 1991 Lake-Effect Snowstorm. Proceedings
49th Eastern Snow Conference, Oswego, NY 115-123.
- *Ballentine, R.J., A.J. Stamm, D. Schleede and G.P. Byrd 1994: Numerical
Simulation of the 4-5 January 1994 East coast Snowstorm, Preprints 10th AMS
Symposium on Numerical Weather Prediction, Portland, OR 131-2.
- Byrd, G.P., R.S. Weinbeck, R.J. Ballentine, A.J. Stamm and E.A. Chermack 1995:
Involvement of Undergraduate Students in Faculty Research Projects, Preprints 4th
AMS Symposium on Education, Dallas, TX.
- Ballentine, R.J., L. Keshishian, E. Chermack, A. Stamm, N. Vizy, G. Byrd and J.
Hall 1995: Observational and modeling study of two intense Lake-effect
snowstorms, 4th U.S./Canada Workshop on Great Lakes Operational Meteorology,
- Ballentine, R.J., A. Stamm, G. Byrd, D. Schleede 1996:
Numerical Simulation of the
1995 Lake-Effect Snowstorm, Sixth PSU/NCAR Mesoscale Model Users Workshop,
- *Stamm, A.J., R. Ballentine, E. Chermack, G. Byrd, D. Schleede
1996: Numerical Simulation of Lake-Effect Snowstorms, 5th
U.S./Canada Workshop on Great Lakes Operational Meteorology, Ann Arbor,
- Ballentine, R.J., A.J. Stamm, J. Maliekal, G. Byrd, D.
Schleede, J. Waldstreicher, S. McLaughlin 1997: Numerics
Simulation of the Montague Lake-Effect Snowstorm of 11-12
January 1997, Preprints Seventh PSU/NCAR Mesoscale Model
Users' Workshop, Boulder, CO 144-7.
Byrd, G. , R. Ballentine, A. Stamm, and D. Schleede, 1998:
Numerical simulations of the Montague lake-effect snowstorm.
16th AMS Conf. on Wea. Analysis and Forecasting, Phoenix,
AZ, Jan., 1998.
Connor, B., J. Thomas, D. Valentino, A. Stamm, J. Chiarenzelli, 2000: In
Situ Monitoring of the Seasonal Moisture Budget and the Impact on
Variations in Subsurface Electrical Properties. Geological Society of
America Abstracts with Programs, v. 32.
*Stamm, A., and D. Valentino, 2000. The impact of lake-effect snow
pack n temperature and relative resistivity of the shallow subsurface:
experimental design. Poster at annual Rice Creek Associates Banquet,
*Keshishian, Len, Alfred Stamm, Robert Ballentine and Scott
Preston, 2002: Research Experiences in Meteorology - Integration of
Science, Mathematics, and Technology. Preprints 11th AMS Symposium on
Education, Orlando, FL.
*Stamm, Alfred, Dudley Raynal and Jack Tessier, 2002: Sixteen-year
trend of Atmospheric Deposition in the Northeastern US. 9th Annual
Conference on the Adirondacks, Saranac Lake, NY.
*Valentino, David, Samuel Peavy and Alfred Stamm, 2002: Long-term
electrical resistivity monitoring at the Rice Creek Field Station, Oswego,
New York. Poster at 37th Annual Meeting, Northeastern Section of the
Geological Society of America, Springfield, MA.
Raynal, Dudley, Jack Tessier, and Alfred Stamm, 2002: Sixteen-year
trend of Atmospheric Deposition in the Northeastern US. 7th Northeast
Natural History Conference, Albany, NY.
*Stamm, Alfred, Dudley Raynal and Jack Tessier, 2002: National
Atmospheric Deposition Program: Data Collection and Research. Adirondack
Effects Assessment Program (AEAP) Workshop, Bolton Landing, NY.
* I gave the presentation, ** I gave part of the presentation
(SUNY-Oswego yearly symposium on scholarly activity)
- 1980 - Acid Precipitation near an oil-fired power plant II: Experiment. (with Herrick)
- 1982 - Winter Ecology: An important but often neglected aspect of environmental
science. (with Gannon, Cox, Swift & Weber)
- 1983 - Examination of rain under the plume from an oil-fired power plant. (with
Caplan & Hinrichs)
- 1984 - A proposed study of the lake breeze circulation at Nine Mile Point. (with
- 1985 - Chimney perching for warmth by starlings.
- 1987 - Use of a microcomputer in a meteorological instruments lab.
- 1990 - Launching Radiosondes into Lake Effect Snow Bands. (with Weigelt)
- 1992 - Some Experiences in Assessing Aircraft Anti-Icing Fluid Under Various Snow
Conditions. (with Thomas and Chermack)
- 1994 - A Study of the 4-5 January 1994 Cyclone and Lake Snowstorm. (with
Ballentine and Vizy)
- 1997 - Numerical Simulation of the 4-5 January 1995
- 1998 - Using MM5 to Model the Montague Snowstorm of 10-14
- 1998 - An Environmental Survey
- 2002 - Long-Term Electrical Resistivity Monitoring at the Rice
Field Station, Oswego, New York (poster with Valentino and Peavy)
- 1979:"Measuring Atmospheric Temperature and Wind from a Satellite",
Department of Earth Sciences, SUNY Oswego, Oswego, NY.
- 1995:"Modeling Lake Effect Snow on Lake Ontario", North Carolina State
University Department of Marine, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, Raleigh, NC,
May 11, 1995.
- 2000:"Brief Journey Through the Research of a
Meteorologist", President's Award Talk, SUNY Oswego, Oswego, NY, April 19,