If you have had your fingerprints taken and processed outside of New York City, and you plan on teaching in New York City you will need to download and complete the form labeled OSPRA 103, so that the New York State Education Department can send your results to the the New York City Board of Education. You can obtain the form by going to the following website:

Fingerprinting is required in these situations:

The term of employment is greater than five days

The employment involves direct contact with students under the age of 21, as determined by the employer

The employee is not otherwise exempt

For more information on recent methods and whether or not you need fingerprinting go to:


|Course Info |Project SMART |Undergraduate Advisement |Thesis/Project Advisement |Center for Urban Schools |News |Teaching for Social Justice
Pat Russo
 Last Updated 2/10/10