A non profit organization dedicated to educating clinicians and patients about Pudendal Neuralgia
SPuN is a non profit organization established in 2005 to provide accurate clinical information to patients and medical professionals wanting to learn more about the disease Pudendal Neuralgia. We have gathered information about PN and are in the process of developing a standard of care that we hope to have published and available to practicing medical professionals around the world. On our site you can learn more about Pudendal Neuralgia, what we are doing to educate clinicians and patients, as well as how you can make a difference. We have compiled a list of resources primarily targeting clinicians, but also intended for patients to learn more about their problem. We strive to make this condition a “bump in the road” rather than a lifelong, debilitating disease.
We are committed to developing, refining and communicating a standard of care for pudendal neuralgia, so that all sufferers receive early diagnosis and effective treatments, maximizing their potential for recovery.
- Define a standard treatment protocol for pudendal neuralgia that is accepted and endorsed by professional associations such as the American Urological Association, the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology and the European Urological Association.
- Educate practicing medical professionals in relevant fields about this newly defined standard of care through publishing articles, direct mailings and offering continuing medical education.
- Educate patients so that they understand the treatments available and the steps to follow to treat the condition early, providing maximum opportunity for recovery.
- Host open forums, where medical professionals treating patients with pudendal neuralgia can meet to discuss the latest treatments and potential new therapies.
- Provide financial support for further research in this area and for patients that are in need of financial assistance.