Online Glossaries for
Statistics and Econometrics
If you have any suggestions for improvements (or relevant links), please contact John Kane by email at: email@example.com.
John Kane - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Data Analysis Briefbook
- At this site you will find a very detailed glossary (or condensed handbook) covering a variety of statistical topics. (Many of these topics are at a fairly advanced level for beginning econometric students.)
- Glossary (David M. Lane)
- This glossary contains an alphabetical list of probability and statistics terms.
- Glossary (STATLETS)
- This glossary accompanies the STATLETS statistical
package that is written in Java.
- Internet Glossary of Statistical Terms
- This statistical glossary is organized both alphabetically and in the order in which terms appear in a typical statistics class.
- A Lexicon and Concordance of Terms Used in Statistics and Empirical Research in Education
- Another good online glossary.
- Prophet StatGuide: Glossary
- This page, provided by the authors of the Prophet statistical software package, contains a nice hyperlinked glossary of statistical terms.
- Selecting Statistics Glossary
- Another good online statistical glossary (although it doesn't include many econometrics terms).
- Statistics Glossary (Valerie J. Easton and John H. McColl)
- This site contains a listing of terms by topic (an alphabetical list is also available).
- StatSoft Electronic Textbook Glossary
- This rather large glossary accompanies StatSoft's electronic statistics textbook.
- SticiGui Glossary of Terms (Phillip B. Stark)
- This is an extensive glossary of terms used by statisticians and econometricians.
Department of Economics, SUNY-Oswego, Oswego, NY 13126