Professor: Craig DeLancey
Final exam in class 10:30 am -- 12:30 pm.
Questions will be on applying Camus's criteria to diverse possible
case studies. You may bring any of our primary texts (MR, TRK, WIsKOE).
Some questions to consider:
- Do problems that concern the distant future pose a difficulty
for Camus's focus upon current conditions?
- Do the various forms of environmental ethics propose a problem
for Camus's anthropocentric ethics?
- What would a Camusian analysis of Malcolm X's position be?
- Would Camus approve of MLK's concern with economic issues?
- Does Camus make a mistake in not consider the harms (and
benefits to himself and to his society) of colonialism?
Papers due in my office by 3:00 pm.