Tentative Talk Schedule
- October 24: Ray Ricci
- October 26: Alex Rau
- October 29: Dan Goldman
- November 2: Tyler Shovlin
- November 5: Akil Griffiths
- November 9: Dan Parks
- November 16: Don O'Brien
- November 28: Molly Heagerty
- November 30: Marissa Davilla
- December 3: Andrew Syrell
- December 5: Tony Ferrentino
- Marissa Davilla may talk on Freud and religion.
- Tony Ferrentino will talk on some controversial results
or claims in evolutionary psychology.
- Dan Goldman will talk on the differences and similarities
and relationships between philosophical behaviorism and psychological
behaviorism, perhaps focusing on a philosophical debate regarding
what philosophical behaviorism would entail about linguistic meaning.
This will be sometime in September, during Skinner.
- Akil Griffiths will talk about the early Freud. The Id will
- Molly Heagerty will talk on introspection.
- Don O'Brien will talk on Zimbardo's Stanford Prison Experiment,
drawing parallels to Milgram's experiment.
- Dan Parks will talk on Freud's view of culture or civilization.
- Alex Rau will talk about agnosias and aphasias in the cognitive
revolution. I'm going to recommend that he focus on, or at least
include, hemilateral neglect, as an example of a deficit that is
very hard to explain without reference to internal mental states.
- I'm asking Ray Ricci to talk on
Stroop effect and the Shepard &
Metzler (1971) results.
- Tyler Shovlin will talk on conditioning. This is helpful: we
need a reminder of what classical and operant conditioning are.
- Andrew Syrell will speak on falsifiability, especially with
respect to Freud.