Some notes by DeLancey
- What is philosophy?
- Some thoughts on Descartes
- I had mentioned that Cartesian dualism is a widespread if not completely dominant view. Note for example in this article in the WSJ there is no mention of the obvious alternative of dualism, some form of identity theory. That is, this article quotes the question, "can the mind shape brain matter?" This strikes me as the kind of question we often ask, consider, or hear. And this may be a good question to ask. But note that it presumes that mind and brain are different things. Compare the question, "can person x's decisions influence y's choices?" Which only seems reasonable if we assume x is not y. "Can The President's decisions influence George W. Bush's choices?" would be a strange, even inappropriate question.
- Some thoughts on James
- Some thoughts on Freud
- Some thoughts on Skinner and Walden II
- Some references regarding the cognitive revolution
- Some questions regarding Alcock's Triumph.