PHL310 Valid Reasoning II, past assignments
Here is a rough 14-week plan for us.
- 1. Natural deduction system review.
- 2-3. Natural deduction system: multipo quantifiers and functions.
- 4. Introduction to some basic set theory.
- 5. Axiomatic system for propositional logic.
Proofs with the axiomatic system.
- 6-7. Mathematical induction.
Proving completeness of propositional logic.
- 8. Axiomatic system for quantified logic.
- 9. Brief on proving completeness of quantified logic.
- 10. The Dedekind axioms (AKA the Peano axioms).
- 11. Axiomatic set theory.
- 12. Modal logic. Basic systems.
- 13. Modal logic semantics.
- 14. Applying modal logic to philosophical problems.
Also: deontic logic, logic of time.