End of the Semester Online Evaluations
1. Do you have access to computers in the current classroom you are teaching in this semester?
2. Do at least ½ of your students have access to a laptop they could bring to class, if asked?
3. Are you willing to devote 20 minutes of your class time to an end of the semester evaluation online?
4. Are you a part-time instructor?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, then you can do an online end of the semester evaluation. One of the most important factors in doing the online assessment of your teaching is the response rate. You must take the time to ensure that at least 90% of your class has completed the online evaluation.
What are the next steps?
1. Enable your course in ANGEL. Follow this link to get directions to enable your course. How do I enable my ANGEL shell to do the online evaluation?
2. Remind students to bring a laptop, iphone or iPad (which has been connected wirelessly) to class on the day you plan to give the evaluation. If class is being conducted on campus utilize the podium computer also. Follow this link to change the date in ANGEL when the students will have access to the online evaluation. What if I want the date to be changed for the online evaluation?
3. Plan to take 20 minutes at the beginning of class to complete the evaluation. Follow this link to view instructions for the day of the evaluation and the evaluation form. What should I say to students about the online evaluations?
4. Consider having students do the evaluations at home. We can check numbers completed for you. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
by Dr. Marcia M. Burrell