2. Your job is to create an assessment plan for your grade level, through an interactive web site.
3. You must think about how individuals might be able to surf through your web page and get all of their questions answered.
4. You should visit http://www.electricteacher.com and to a search on assessment plans before you make the decision to do this assignment instead.
5. If you do this assignment instead, then you will not need to do the performance task and the web page. Your new performance task is the creation of this interactive web site, where fellow teachers, parents, students, administrators, and friends could visit and get an understanding of what your assessment practices are like in your classroom.
6. This assignment is the new web page assignment. You will be expected to demonstrate this web page to the rest of the class, develop a rubric to evaluate the creation, (use APA style resources to back up your rationale for this particular web page, and develop a plan for updating this page on a regular basis. --optional)
This is a new assignment, and I need to write objectives and I need to use the ASSURE model to make sure all the details are here. Your comments and feedback are important. I will talk about this more when the time comes. This is a new assignment, so the bugs have not been worked out yet.
Guidelines for creating your Website from the
Exemplary Assignment Work
(LINK to printer friendly version)
· Use your exemplary assignment to create a website.
· Think about the information a parent would like to know about your assessment philosophy and create a page that is helpful to parents.
· Think about what a student might need to know about your assessment philosophy and create a page that would be useful to your students.
· Think about what an administrator (or maybe another teacher) might want to know about your assessment philosophy and create a page that would be useful and informational to administrators.
· Make sure that each of the three pages connect.
· Make sure you add some graphics.
· Use the guidelines provided by the Candau text to create a user friendly purposeful website.
· Use the ASSURE model to create a web site to make your philosophy of assessment come alive.
A · Students need to synthesize the information gained in the assessment course. If they create a web page that summarizes what they have learned and how they might implement some of these new ideas, then this project creates a final phase of the learning process S · Synthesize concepts learned about assessment during the semester· Create a website that demonstrates to a various members of the community that assessment is a dynamic process· Use Netscape Composer to create a basic website· Use an alternative software to create a website (front page or publisher)· Describe ways in which to communicate with parents regarding assessment results· Appropriately, use the language of assessment· Report assessment results in a manner that provides meaningful feedback to the learner· Describe a philosophy regarding assessment and explain the principles guiding future practice S · Students will use technology to demonstrate the synthesis of the objectives. · Students will work in teams or alone to create a web site for the assignment.U--missing
Return to Burrell's main page.
Return to the assessment page.