Laker Turf Stadium kick-off ceremony
Prior to the men's soccer game, SUNY Oswego President Deborah F. Stanley will officially open the facility together with Vice President for Student Affairs Jerald Woolfolk, Director of Athletics Sue Viscomi and esteemed alumnus and member of the 1966 SUNYAC men's soccer championship squad Dan Scaia, a 1968 Oswego graduate. The first 200 students in attendance will receive a free "Laker Turf Stadium Kickoff" T-shirt and a free soft pretzel. Free. 312-3056.
Location: Laker Turf Stadiium
Tuesday, Sept 1, 3:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Concert: Bach cello suites by Matt Haimovitz
Renowned Israeli-born soloist Matt Haimovitz performs all six Bach cello suites, while visiting four Central New York locations. (The “moveable feast” begins with a Tuesday live-at-noon broadcast from the studios of WCNY FM (91.3), followed by a 3 p.m. appearance at the River’s End Bookstore. The musical tour resumes at 5 p.m. Wednesday at Tyler Gallery in Penfield Library.) The remaining suites at 7:30 p.m. Sheldon Hall: $15 ($5 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in lots adjacent to and across Washington Boulevard from Sheldon Hall. http://www.oswego.edu/arts. 312-2141.
Location: Ballroom, Sheldon Hall
Wednesday, Sept 16, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Women's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Soccer Field
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Men's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Location: Oswego, NY, Laker Turf Stadium
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
2015 New Jersey Event
Find out more and register: http://bit.ly/1T3Y0iT
Location: Ridgewood Country Club 96 W. Midland Ave., Paramus, N.J.
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Oswego's active, dynamic and challenging program in Theatre offers opportunities to develop a range of skills, self-confidence and creativity. Opportunities abound in all areas including acting, design (scene, lighting, costume, makeup and sound), directing, dramaturgy, technical theatre, stage management and show business.
Majors and Programs
Participants can major in Theatre while pursuing such tracks as as acting/directing, design/technology, history/criticism or musical theatre. Students can also pursue a minor in Theatre to benefit from aspects of performance and presentation to supplement any number of majors. The department also supports minors in Arts Management and Audio Design and Production.
- A full range of main-stage productions with student casts and crews, ranging from musical theatre to experimental black-box fare
- An annual student honors production directed by a student working with student technical directors
- Opportunities to compete in the annual Kennedy Center American College Theatre Region II Festival
- New Voices, an annual 10-minute play festival featuring works written, directed and read by students
- Individual attention and intensive work with dedicated faculty bringing a range of experiences and specialties
- Involvement in Blackfriars student organization
Our faculty and staff are active and creative, bringing experience in the field to their work with students. Recent highlights include:
- Mark Cole wrote and co-starred in "An Evening With Alan and Lawrence," a mix of music and dark comedy
- Jessica Hester created and hosted a series on immigration with NPR affiliate WRVO
- Jonel Langenfield-Rial led collaboration to create "Lost In A Viral Paradise," a topical multimedia presentation premiering at Oswego
- Mark Cole: Professor, Acting and Directing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jessica Hester: Chair/Assistant Professor, Theatre History/Criticism jessica.hester@Oswego.EDU
- Kitty Macey: Professor, Costume Design and Make-Up email@example.com
- Jonel Langenfeld: Assistant Professor, Acting and Directing jonel.langenfeldrial@Oswego.EDU
- Ola Kraspulska: Associate Professor, Scenic Lighting and Design firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joan Hart Willard: Adjunct Professor email@example.com
- Tara Wiseman: Adjunct Professor firstname.lastname@example.org
- Suzayn MacKenzie-Roy: Facilities Manager email@example.com
- Kelly Cullinan: Box Office Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sean Culligan, Technical Director email@example.com
- Sally VanBuren: Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org
- Judith P. McCabe: Costume Shop Supervisor email@example.com
- Greg Brewster: Electronics Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org
The strength of our program is reflected by the many areas you can find our successful alumni. Jef Billings ('70) is an Emmy-winning costume designer whose outfits have appeared on Olympic champion skaters such as Kristi Yamaguchi and Scott Hamilton. Producer/director Richard Jay-Alexander ('74) co-conceived and directed tour shows for Barbra Streisand, among many projects.
Gary Izzo ('80) has been artistic director at Disney World and the Sterling Renaissance Festival and penned the book Acting Interactive Theatre; Greg Salmon ('06) is casting agent for All My Children; Benita Zahn ('76) co-anchors for NewsChannel 13 in Albany. Other graduates are cast and crew for prominent troupes or theatres, teach at various levels of education or manage cultural organizations.