Concert: Ethel quartet plus guitarist Kaki King
Hard-driving guitarist Kaki King combines forces with New York-based string quartet Ethel, which joined King on her latest album, "Glow." $18, including parking ($5 for SUNY Oswego students). 312-2141. http://www.oswego.edu/arts
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Wednesday, March 26, 7:30 p.m. - 8:45 p.m.
Men's Lacrosse vs St. John Fisher
Location: Oswego, NY- South Athletic Field
Saturday, March 22, 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Men's Lacrosse vs. Elmira
Location: Oswego, NY- South Athletic Field
Tuesday, March 25, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Family Fun day at the MOST
More Information: http://goo.gl/DlpCSx
Location: MOST, South Franklin Street, Syracuse, NY, United States
Sunday, March 9, 2 p.m. - 5 p.m.
GOLD Lunch & Learn "LinkedIn Best Practices" Webinar
More information: http://goo.gl/o7h64e
Tuesday, March 11, noon - 1 p.m.
Oswego's active, dynamic and challenging program in Theatre offers opportunities to develop a range of skills, self-confidence and creativity. Opportunities abound in all areas including acting, design (scene, lighting, costume, makeup and sound), directing, dramaturgy, technical theatre, stage management and show business.
Majors and Programs
Participants can major in Theatre while pursuing such tracks as as acting/directing, design/technology, history/criticism or musical theatre. Students can also pursue a minor in Theatre to benefit from aspects of performance and presentation to supplement any number of majors. The department also supports minors in Arts Management and Audio Design and Production.
- A full range of main-stage productions with student casts and crews, ranging from musical theatre to experimental black-box fare
- An annual student honors production directed by a student working with student technical directors
- Opportunities to compete in the annual Kennedy Center American College Theatre Region II Festival
- New Voices, an annual 10-minute play festival featuring works written, directed and read by students
- Individual attention and intensive work with dedicated faculty bringing a range of experiences and specialties
- Involvement in Blackfriars student organization
Our faculty and staff are active and creative, bringing experience in the field to their work with students. Recent highlights include:
- Mark Cole wrote and co-starred in "An Evening With Alan and Lawrence," a mix of music and dark comedy
- Jessica Hester created and hosted a series on immigration with NPR affiliate WRVO
- Jonel Langenfield-Rial led collaboration to create "Lost In A Viral Paradise," a topical multimedia presentation premiering at Oswego
- Mark Cole: Professor, Acting and Directing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jessica Hester: Chair/Assistant Professor, Theatre History/Criticism jessica.hester@Oswego.EDU
- Kitty Macey: Professor, Costume Design and Make-Up email@example.com
- Jonel Langenfeld-Rial: Assistant Professor, Acting and Directing jonel.langenfeldrial@Oswego.EDU
- Tim Baumgartner: Visiting Assistant Professor, Design and Technical Theatre firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joan Hart Willard: Adjunct Professor email@example.com
- Tara Wiseman: Adjunct Professor firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jessica Culligan: Adjunct Professor email@example.com
- Sally Rock-Blake: Adjunct Professor firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meshari Alnouri: Assistant Technical Director and Building Coordinator email@example.com
- Kelly Cullinan: Box Office Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sean Culligan, Technical Director email@example.com
- Pam Lavallee: Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org
- Judith P. McCabe: Costume Shop Supervisor email@example.com
- Steven Shull: Electronics Specialist
The strength of our program is reflected by the many areas you can find our successful alumni. Jef Billings ('70) is an Emmy-winning costume designer whose outfits have appeared on Olympic champion skaters such as Kristi Yamaguchi and Scott Hamilton. Producer/director Richard Jay-Alexander ('74) co-conceived and directed tour shows for Barbra Streisand, among many projects.
Gary Izzo ('80) has been artistic director at Disney World and the Sterling Renaissance Festival and penned the book Acting Interactive Theatre; Greg Salmon ('06) is casting agent for All My Children; Benita Zahn ('76) co-anchors for NewsChannel 13 in Albany. Other graduates are cast and crew for prominent troupes or theatres, teach at various levels of education or manage cultural organizations.