Marketing and Management
Volleyball vs Cazenovia
Location: Oswego, NY, Max Ziel Gym in Laker Hall
Tuesday, Oct 6, 7 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Men's Tennis vs. Utica
Location: Oswego, NY, Romney Tennis Courts
Wednesday, Oct 7, 4 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Alumni & Friends Event with President Stanley
Save the date. http://alumni.oswego.edu/events
Location: New York, NY, USA
Tuesday, Oct 6, 1:22 p.m. - 1:22 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, Oct 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
The Marketing and Management department provides paths that combine solid business skills with knowledge in areas involving leadership and communication. You will have the opportunity to work with experienced and dedicated faculty, pursue outstanding internship opportunities and position yourself for jobs in a number of hot fields.
Majors and Programs
At Oswego, you'll find outstanding opportunities for internships, many through our alumni connections. Many classes bring the team-oriented atmosphere of the business world into the classroom, preparing students for their next steps.
As a student, you can be involved in clubs such as Beta Gamma Sigma (international honor society of AACSB-accredited business programs), Phi Beta Lambda (national honor society for future business leaders), our campus American Marketing Association organization, our award-winning Students In Free Enterprise, our Society for Human Resrouce Management, the international scholastic and professional organization Beta Alpha Psi or our Student Advisory Council.
Our faculty have international reputations that make them sought-after consultants, media interviews and grant participants.
- Abraham, Steven - Professor, Human Resource Management
- Attia, Ashraf - Professor, Marketing
- Bonzo, Sarah - Assistant Professor/Program Coordinator MBA in Health Services Administration
- Cox, Pamela - Professor, Management
- Dong, June Qiong - Professor, Management
- Edwards, Ann- Assistant Professor, Management
- Friedman, Barry - Professor, Human Resource Management
- Huonker, John - Associate Professor, Human Resource Management
- Ingram, Thomas - Assistant Professor,Management
- Kefallonitis, Stathis - Assistant Professor, Marketing
- Khan, Raihan - Associate Professor, Management
- LaBella, Sharon - Visiting Assistant Professor of Career Development
- Maher, Larry - Assistant Professor, Management
- McLain, David - Assistant Professor, Management
- Mian, Sarfraz (Chairperson) - Professor, Management
- Molinari, James - Professor, Marketing
- Pu, Xiaoyu - Assistant Professor, Management
- Shaw, Ken - Associate Professor, Marketing
- Zhang, Ding - Professor, Management
Students graduate well prepared for positions in management or management training programs, marketing and advertising firms, non-profit leadership and development, communication, human resource offices, planning and logistrics positions and a range of opportunities in international/multinational corporations. Those receiving the MBA are ready for positions of responsibility in many aspects of the business world. Many graduates have earned top positions at organizations ranging from large corporations to thriving startups.