Volleyball vs Cazenovia
Location: Oswego, NY, Max Ziel Gym in Laker Hall
Tuesday, Oct 6, 7 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Men's Tennis vs. Utica
Location: Oswego, NY, Romney Tennis Courts
Wednesday, Oct 7, 4 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Alumni & Friends Event with President Stanley
Save the date. http://alumni.oswego.edu/events
Location: New York, NY, USA
Sunday, Oct 4, 4:39 p.m. - 4:39 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, Oct 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Our established Computer Science department collects a wide variety of faculty expertise, student opportunities and cutting-edge programs. In addition to our strong Computer Science core, our programs include offer the first Software Engineering degree in the SUNY system and a groundbreaking master's program in Human-Computer Interaction and innovative interdisciplinary programs.
Damian Schofield's video interview in Australia with the Games and Experimental Entertainment Laboratory program.
Majors and Programs
You can earn either a bachelor of science or bachelor of arts in Computer Science, as well as a minor. Our Software Engineering program prepares students as software engineers with expertise in engineering software systems and contains a year-long capstone experience requiring student software development for real clients.
We also support a multidisciplinary program leading to a bacehelor of arts in Information Science and contribute to a minor in Computer Information Systems. We provide major support to an interdisciplinary major in Cognitive Science (BA or BS) containing elements of computation, learning models, language and other mind-related fields of study for a bachelor of arts, bachelor of science or minor.
We contribute to a master's in Human Computer Interaction which integrates cognitive processes, computer science and graphic design in studying how humans use interactive computing system.
Students can benefit from Oswego's variety of labs, facilities and outstanding professors to stretch their knowledge and experiences. Some students engage in research projects with professors including Internet security, artificial intelligence and virtual reality.
Two separate laboratories maintained by the department house dozens of Sun Rays with gigabit connection to a Sun server; one houses Dell Pentium IV computers with connection to the campus network. A special Sun-based research laboratory supports sponsored research.
The department offers ample opportunities for internships, independent study and individual research. All interested students are invited to join the Computer Science Association, Information Science Club and Women in Computing organizations.
Our faculty bring a diverse blend of experience and expertise. Collectively, our faculty members hold Chancellor's Awards for Excellence in Teaching and Excellence in Research, international teaching experience and hands-on industry know-how. Areas of expertise include gaming development, object-oriented design, parallel processing, forensic recreation and artificial intelligence.
- Isabelle Bichindaritz - firstname.lastname@example.org BS, MS, PhD. Special interests: health information technology, case based reasoning
- William C. Bosch - email@example.com
BA, MS, PhD (in progress). Special interests: expert systems, computer use in education, human factors.
- James P. Early - firstname.lastname@example.org
BS, MS, PhD. Special interests: computer and network security, software engineering, data mining, computer science education.
- Sue Fettes - email@example.com
BA, MA, PhD, MS. Special interests: computation, combinatorics and graph theory.
- Craig Graci - firstname.lastname@example.org
BA, MA. Special interests: artificial intelligence, data models, programming languages.
- Christopher Harris - email@example.com
BS, MS, MBA, PhD. Special interests: human-computer interaction, human computation, crowdsourcing, gamification, information retrieval, data mining, software engineering, technology entrepreneurship, and smart data integration.
- Marianne Hromalik - firstname.lastname@example.org
BS, M.Phil, PhD. Special interests:
- Douglas Lea - email@example.com
BA, MS, PhD. Special interests: algorithm design, object oriented languages.
- Rachid Manseur - firstname.lastname@example.org
Licence-es-Sciences, MS, PhD. Special interests: Engineering Program development, robotics, embedded systems, digital design, engineering education.
- Rameen Mohammadi - email@example.com
BA, MS, PhD (in progress). Special interests: office automation, software engineering.
- Randolph Odendahl - firstname.lastname@example.org
BA, MS, MS. Special interests: computation theory.
- Alex Pantaleev - email@example.com BA, MS, PhD. Special Interests: computer gaming, software engineering, computer science education, programming languages, artificial intelligence.
- Damian Schofield - firstname.lastname@example.org BSc (Hons) PhD PGCAP. Special interests: forensic reconstruction, training/education using virtual simulators, human-computer interaction, facial reconstruction, biometrics, user perception of digital media, fire juggling.
- David Vampola - email@example.com
BA, MA, MA. Special interests: Cognitive Science, Computer Models of Social Science, Mathematical Logic.
- Elaine Wenderholm - firstname.lastname@example.org
BA, MS, MS, PhD. Special interests: bioinformatics, optimization techniques, simulation and modeling.
Adjunct Faculty and Support Personnel
- Cheryl Pointon - Secretary, email@example.com phone: 315-312-2367
- Jim Patridge, Visiting Assistant Professor, firstname.lastname@example.org phone: 315-312-3272
- Michael Smith, Adjunct Faculty, email@example.com phone: 315-312-2692
- Bob Zuber, Adjunct Faculty, firstname.lastname@example.org phone: 315-312-2692
With their solid preparation, students pursue career opportunities as diverse as computer programming, systems analysis, management science applications, information systems, networking, research and others. Typical entry-level job titles of graduates include programmer, software engineer, systems analyst and research consultant.