Dr. Lewis B. O'Donnell Media Summit
Alumni in the arts and other distinguished panelists will discuss "Digital-Social-Mobile: How Media Trends Impact Theatre, Art and Music." Part of the School of Communication, Media and the Arts Week. Free; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 315-312-6612.
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Thursday, Oct 27, 3 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Tyler Hall Campus Open House
Tour the newly renovated and reopened fine and performing arts building. Performances and refreshments. Part of SUNY Oswego's School of Communication, Media and the Arts week. Free. 315-312-6612.
Location: Tyler Hall
Friday, Oct 28, 2:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Men's Ice Hockey vs. Elmira
Free for student with college ID. 3056.
Location: Marano Campus Center Arena
Friday, Oct 28, 7 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Swimming & Diving vs. Wells
Location: Laker Pool in Laker Hall
Saturday, Oct 29, 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
For more information, visit http://alumni.oswego.edu/homecoming
Thursday, Oct 27, 12:12 a.m. - 12:12 a.m.
Do you want to promote your department's Facebook page? One way is to place a small box on your web pages that shows the page's stream and a 'like' button. People can read recent posts from your Page without going to Facebook. And, you can set the width so it will fit in the body copy area or a right column component.
These directions work with Facebook Pages (not a personal Facebook account).
- Go to your Facebook Page and copy the page's address. The example on the right shows SUNY Oswego's Facebook Page address.
- In a different browser window go to the plug-in: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/like-box/
- Paste the URL of your page in the top box.
- For a right column placement, set the width at 230. Leave the height blank.
- Other options are explained on the plug-in page.
- When you are ready, click on 'Get Code.'
- Copy the iframe code.
- In Ingeniux, click on the HTML button and paste the code.
Below is the result