Planetarium Show: "The Stars of Winter"
Planetarium Director Scott Roby will point out the bright stars and constellations visible in early winter evenings and give a light-hearted version of some of the mythological tales behind the constellations. Star maps provided. Children 17 and under must be accompanied by an adult. Free, including parking in the Centennial Drive lot (E17) or Washington Boulevard lot (C8). 315-312-2790.
Location: Room 223, Shineman Center
Sunday, Dec 4, 7 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Concert: SUNY Oswego Jazz Ensemble
Free; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 315-312-2130.
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Thursday, Dec 8, 7:30 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Men's Basketball vs. Fredonia
$6 adults, $4 children 5-18, and free for SUNY Oswego students with ID and children under 5. Tickets may be purchased at tickets.oswego.edu. 315-312-3073.
Location: Max Ziel Gymnasium
Friday, Dec 9, 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Women's Ice Hockey vs. Hamilton
$4 for adults, $2 for 5-17years, free for children under the age of 5, free for SUNY Oswego students with ID. Tickets may be purchased at tickets.oswego.edu. 315-312-3073
Location: Marano Campus Center Ice Arena
Friday, Dec 9, 7 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Do you want to promote your department's Facebook page? One way is to place a small box on your web pages that shows the page's stream and a 'like' button. People can read recent posts from your Page without going to Facebook. And, you can set the width so it will fit in the body copy area or a right column component.
These directions work with Facebook Pages (not a personal Facebook account).
- Go to your Facebook Page and copy the page's address. The example on the right shows SUNY Oswego's Facebook Page address.
- In a different browser window go to the plug-in: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/like-box/
- Paste the URL of your page in the top box.
- For a right column placement, set the width at 230. Leave the height blank.
- Other options are explained on the plug-in page.
- When you are ready, click on 'Get Code.'
- Copy the iframe code.
- In Ingeniux, click on the HTML button and paste the code.
Below is the result