Student Involvement Fair
Annual event where SUNY Oswego student clubs and organizations host informational tables. Free for SUNY Oswego students. 315-312-5420.
Location: Arena and Convocation Hall, Marano Campus Center
Wednesday, Aug 31, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
ALANA Student Leadership Conference begins
The theme for the weeklong 30th annual conference is "Diamond in the Rough." Free; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-5420.
Location: SUNY Oswego
Saturday, Sept 17, noon - 8 p.m.
Women's Tennis vs. Cortland
Location: Romney Tennis Courts
Thursday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Women's Field Hockey vs. Houghton
Location: Laker Turf Stadium
Thursday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
For more information, visit http://alumni.oswego.edu/homecoming
Sunday, Aug 28, 3:53 p.m. - 3:53 p.m.
RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feeds contains summaries of recent articles posted on a web site. You will need an RSS Reader to subscribe to feeds (more information). If you have favorite RSS feeds that you feel your readers will enjoy, you can embed those feeds on your own web page.
1. Embed One RSS Feed That Fits in the Right Column using Slim RSS Reader
This Google Gadget is good for embedding one RSS feed in a right column component. Follow these instructions to embed the titles only of SUNY Oswego News RSS Feed. For different feeds or locations on the web page, change italicized items.
First, copy the URL of the feed.
Go to Slim RSS Reader and enter these items:
- Title: blank
- Width 180 px
- Height: 200 px
- Border: leave the default border
- RSS Feed: http://www.oswego.edu/news/index.xml
- Items num: 5
- Click on 'Get the Code'
- Highlight (Ctr + A) and copy (Ctrl + C) the code in the box.
- Edit the Right ColumnComponent
- Type in the title of the Feed.
- Click on the HTML icon in the editor
- Paste (Ctrl + V) the code into the HTML
- Click 'Update'
- Save and check in
- Place the right column component on the page.
See the sample on the right.
2. Embed the Text from a Google Calendar using a Google Gadget
For this, we are using Slim RSS Reader
Go to your Google Calendar
Your calendar must be public in order for the RSS feed to work. To change, click on the 'Share this Calendar' tab.
Here's how to find the RSS feed URL for your calendar
- Under 'My Calendars', click on the drop down menu and choose Calendar Settings
- Go to 'Calendar Address'
- Click on the XML button. This is the RSS URL for your calendar
- Highlight the URL and copy (Ctrl + C)
Need help finding RSS feeds? Try this link most popular RSS feeds.