Wrestling ECWC Championships
Location: Max Ziel Gymnasium
Saturday, Jan 21, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Spring classes begin
Location: SUNY Oswego campus and SUNY Oswego Metro Center
Monday, Jan 23, 8 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Swimming & Diving vs. Cortland
Location: Laker Pool in Laker Hall
Wednesday, Jan 18, 4 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Men's Ice Hockey vs. Brockport
$8, free for SUNY Oswego students with ID. Tickets may be purchased at tickets.oswego.edu. 315-312-3073
Location: Marano Campus Center Arena
Friday, Jan 20, 7 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feeds contains summaries of recent articles posted on a web site. You will need an RSS Reader to subscribe to feeds (more information). If you have favorite RSS feeds that you feel your readers will enjoy, you can embed those feeds on your own web page.
1. Embed One RSS Feed That Fits in the Right Column using Slim RSS Reader
This Google Gadget is good for embedding one RSS feed in a right column component. Follow these instructions to embed the titles only of SUNY Oswego News RSS Feed. For different feeds or locations on the web page, change italicized items.
First, copy the URL of the feed.
Go to Slim RSS Reader and enter these items:
- Title: blank
- Width 180 px
- Height: 200 px
- Border: leave the default border
- RSS Feed: http://www.oswego.edu/news/index.xml
- Items num: 5
- Click on 'Get the Code'
- Highlight (Ctr + A) and copy (Ctrl + C) the code in the box.
- Edit the Right ColumnComponent
- Type in the title of the Feed.
- Click on the HTML icon in the editor
- Paste (Ctrl + V) the code into the HTML
- Click 'Update'
- Save and check in
- Place the right column component on the page.
See the sample on the right.
2. Embed the Text from a Google Calendar using a Google Gadget
For this, we are using Slim RSS Reader
Go to your Google Calendar
Your calendar must be public in order for the RSS feed to work. To change, click on the 'Share this Calendar' tab.
Here's how to find the RSS feed URL for your calendar
- Under 'My Calendars', click on the drop down menu and choose Calendar Settings
- Go to 'Calendar Address'
- Click on the XML button. This is the RSS URL for your calendar
- Highlight the URL and copy (Ctrl + C)
Need help finding RSS feeds? Try this link most popular RSS feeds.