Panel Discussion: "Ladies Who Lead"
State Senator Patty Ritchie, along with other local leaders, is inviting Central and Northern New Yorkers to attend “Ladies Who Lead,” a special event taking place that will feature a keynote address by SUNY Chancellor Nancy Zimpher, as well as a panel discussion with local women at the top of their career fields. Panel members will include Chancellor Nancy Zimpher, SUNY Oswego President Deborah F. Stanley, Fort Drum Regional Health Planning Organization Executive Director Denise Young, State Supreme Court Judge Mary Farley, and CNY Central meteorologist and 2015 SUNY Oswego graduate Molly Matott. Call 315-782-3418 or visit www.ritchie.nysenate.gov to pre-register. Free, including parking.
Location: Room 132, Marano Campus Center
Tuesday, June 28, 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Third summer session begins
Location: SUNY Oswego
Tuesday, July 5, 8 a.m. - 9 a.m.
Men's Soccer vs. St. John Fisher Scrimmage
Location: Laker Turf Stadium
Tuesday, Aug 23, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Women's Soccer Scrimmage vs. Utica
Location: Laker Turf Stadium
Saturday, Aug 27, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
2016 Alumni Mets Game
Gather with NYC-area alumni, family and friends for a day at the ballpark! http://bit.ly/1RKCBib
Location: Citi Field 123-01 Roosevelt Ave New York, NY 11368
Saturday, July 9, 5:30 p.m. - 7 p.m.
For more information, visit http://alumni.oswego.edu/homecoming
Saturday, June 25, 4:08 a.m. - 4:08 a.m.
RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feeds contains summaries of recent articles posted on a web site. You will need an RSS Reader to subscribe to feeds (more information). If you have favorite RSS feeds that you feel your readers will enjoy, you can embed those feeds on your own web page.
1. Embed One RSS Feed That Fits in the Right Column using Slim RSS Reader
This Google Gadget is good for embedding one RSS feed in a right column component. Follow these instructions to embed the titles only of SUNY Oswego News RSS Feed. For different feeds or locations on the web page, change italicized items.
First, copy the URL of the feed.
Go to Slim RSS Reader and enter these items:
- Title: blank
- Width 180 px
- Height: 200 px
- Border: leave the default border
- RSS Feed: http://www.oswego.edu/news/index.xml
- Items num: 5
- Click on 'Get the Code'
- Highlight (Ctr + A) and copy (Ctrl + C) the code in the box.
- Edit the Right ColumnComponent
- Type in the title of the Feed.
- Click on the HTML icon in the editor
- Paste (Ctrl + V) the code into the HTML
- Click 'Update'
- Save and check in
- Place the right column component on the page.
See the sample on the right.
2. Embed the Text from a Google Calendar using a Google Gadget
For this, we are using Slim RSS Reader
Go to your Google Calendar
Your calendar must be public in order for the RSS feed to work. To change, click on the 'Share this Calendar' tab.
Here's how to find the RSS feed URL for your calendar
- Under 'My Calendars', click on the drop down menu and choose Calendar Settings
- Go to 'Calendar Address'
- Click on the XML button. This is the RSS URL for your calendar
- Highlight the URL and copy (Ctrl + C)
Need help finding RSS feeds? Try this link most popular RSS feeds.