Major Exploration and Confirmation
Second summer session begins
Location: SUNY Oswego
Thursday, May 26, 5:45 a.m. - 5:45 a.m.
GENIUS Olympiad opening ceremonies
SUNY Oswego's GENIUS Olympiad (Global Environmental Issues -- U.S.) aims to inspire high school students from around the world to contribute to the protection and improvement of the environment as they compete in five disciplines. Free. firstname.lastname@example.org or geniusolympiad.org.
Location: Arena and Convocation Hall, Marano Campus Center
Monday, June 13, 5 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Men's Soccer vs. St. John Fisher Scrimmage
Location: Laker Turf Stadium
Tuesday, Aug 23, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Women's Volleyball vs. St. Lawrence
Location: Max Ziel Gymnasium
Sunday, Aug 28, noon - 1 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2016
Join us for the biggest alumni party of the year! Visit alumni.oswego.edu/reunion for the most up-to-date information.
Location: SUNY Oswego, 7060 NY-104, Oswego, NY 13126, United States
Thursday, May 26, 5:43 a.m. - 5:43 a.m.
2016 Alumni Mets Game
Gather with NYC-area alumni, family and friends for a day at the ballpark! http://bit.ly/1RKCBib
Location: Citi Field 123-01 Roosevelt Ave New York, NY 11368
Saturday, July 9, 5:30 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Complete items 1 and 2. Next, select ONE activity from items 3 through 5.
1. Meet with your advisor Date Completed ________
2. Review Careers through some major exploration resources AND make a list of two to three careers that you are interested in or complete a review in Focus2. Date Completed ________
4. Complete "Dissect a Major Worksheet" or review majors and minors in the
Undergraduate Catalog Date Completed ________
- Meet with a Compass Navigator and discuss your review of the College Catalog. Questions to answer include:
-What two to three majors are you interested in?
-What types of career fields are available in these majors?
-Are there any minors available to complement these majors?
5. Visit an academic department of interest OR Interview a professional/faculty member in the field of study you would like to pursue. Date Completed ________
Questions to take with you:
-How did you get to where you are today?
-What skills must one possess to work in this field?
-What prior experiences are required?
-What advice would you give to assist me as I pursue this field of study?
-What level of education do I need to to succeed in this field?