Major Exploration and Confirmation
Theater production: "Space Pirates of Planet Penzance"
Adaptation of the classic Gilbert and Sullivan comic opera. $15 ($7 for SUNY Oswego students) including parking in the Culkin Hall lot (E-6) and nearby lot E-18. 312-2141.
Location: Ballroom, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 29, 7:30 p.m. - 11 p.m.
On the eve of the May commencement, alumni celebrate the passing of the torch of learning from faculty and staff to the newest class of graduates. Faculty and staff will lead students and alumni representing various past class years in a procession to mark the seniors’ last night as undergraduates. Free. 315-312-2106.
Location: Marano Campus Center
Friday, May 13, 9 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Golf - Laker Spring Tournament
Location: Oswego Country Club, W 1st St, Oswego, NY 13126, United States
Saturday, April 30, 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Women's Lacrosse vs. Brockport
Location: Laker Turf Stadium
Saturday, April 30, 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2016
Join us for the biggest alumni party of the year! Visit alumni.oswego.edu/reunion for the most up-to-date information.
Location: SUNY Oswego, 7060 NY-104, Oswego, NY 13126, United States
Thursday, April 28, 6:53 p.m. - 6:53 p.m.
2016 Alumni Mets Game
Gather with NYC-area alumni, family and friends for a day at the ballpark! http://bit.ly/1RKCBib
Location: Citi Field 123-01 Roosevelt Ave New York, NY 11368
Saturday, July 9, 5:30 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Complete items 1 and 2. Next, select ONE activity from items 3 through 5.
1. Meet with your advisor Date Completed ________
2. Review Careers through some major exploration resources AND make a list of two to three careers that you are interested in or complete a review in Focus2. Date Completed ________
4. Complete "Dissect a Major Worksheet" or review majors and minors in the
Undergraduate Catalog Date Completed ________
- Meet with a Compass Navigator and discuss your review of the College Catalog. Questions to answer include:
-What two to three majors are you interested in?
-What types of career fields are available in these majors?
-Are there any minors available to complement these majors?
5. Visit an academic department of interest OR Interview a professional/faculty member in the field of study you would like to pursue. Date Completed ________
Questions to take with you:
-How did you get to where you are today?
-What skills must one possess to work in this field?
-What prior experiences are required?
-What advice would you give to assist me as I pursue this field of study?
-What level of education do I need to to succeed in this field?