Campus and Community Involvement!
Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Theatre performance: "Young Frankenstein"
$15 ($7 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in front of Culkin Hall and in lot E-18 east of Culkin. 312-2141. www.oswego.edu/arts
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Friday, April 25, 7:30 p.m. - 9:45 p.m.
Baseball vs. Plattsburgh
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Baseball Field
Friday, April 25, 3 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Men's Golf Spring Tournament
Location: Oswego, NY - Oswego Country Club
Saturday, April 26, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
Complete ONE of the following (choose from 1-3):
1. Actively participate in a campus club or organization (as defined by attending 3 or more meetings/events). Gather more information regarding clubs and organizations available to students through Laker Life. You can also use Laker Life to log your memberships, events, interests, experiences and service hours.
Date Completed ________
- Campus Recreation - Check them out for more information on sports offered on campus.
- Varsity Sport Involvement - Check them out for more information regarding Varsity Sports available at Oswego.
2. Actively participate in ONE of the following student leadership positions: Date Completed ________
First Year Peer Advisor: A leadership opportunity for students to work closely with a First Year Faculty Advisor, providing information and support to first year students. First Year Peer Advisors earn academic credit for their experience. A great chance to develop your skills and enhance your resume!
Laker Leader: A leadership opportunity for students to join the Orientation staff and help to support the transition to college of first year and transfer students. Laker Leaders participate in training during the Spring semester, then work during the summer for approximately 6-8 weeks in a paid position, providing direct support during our Summer Orientation programs. During the Fall semester, they continue to provide support in another paid position, where they serve as program facilitators working closely with first year students.
Resident Assistant/Mentor: Check them out for more information.
Campus Life Building Manager: - work with Campus Life and manage the Campus Center, Hewitt Union and Sheldon Hall during evening and weekends. Building Managers maintain and develop a thorough knowledge of the operations of Campus Life and three buildings as per college policy.
Compass Navigator: Be a part of the COMPASS team and provide one-on-one assistance to students in areas such as internships, career exploration, exploring majors and volunteering in the community. For more information, contact the Compass at 315-312-3142.
Admissions Tour Guide: Share your SUNY Oswego experience with prospective students. For more information, contact the Admissions Office at 315-312-2250.
Student Association Senator/Executive Board Member: Run for a Student Association Senate seat and you can represent your Residence Hall or even off-campus students in deciding how your Student Activity Fee is spent. You could even run for Student Association President and be the face of the student body or run for Vice President and oversee the Student Association Senate.
Student Clubs/Organizations Executive Board Member
3. Employment on-campus (at least 5 hours per week for a minimum of 10 weeks) - Visit the SUNY Oswego LakerLeads system for a list of campus jobs available to work study and non-work study students. You will need to register for a free account in order to search the opportunities.
Date Completed ________