Campus and Community Involvement!
Second summer session begins
Location: SUNY Oswego
Saturday, May 28, 8:50 a.m. - 8:50 a.m.
GENIUS Olympiad opening ceremonies
SUNY Oswego's GENIUS Olympiad (Global Environmental Issues -- U.S.) aims to inspire high school students from around the world to contribute to the protection and improvement of the environment as they compete in five disciplines. Free. firstname.lastname@example.org or geniusolympiad.org.
Location: Arena and Convocation Hall, Marano Campus Center
Monday, June 13, 5 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Men's Soccer vs. St. John Fisher Scrimmage
Location: Laker Turf Stadium
Tuesday, Aug 23, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Women's Volleyball vs. St. Lawrence
Location: Max Ziel Gymnasium
Sunday, Aug 28, noon - 1 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2016
Join us for the biggest alumni party of the year! Visit alumni.oswego.edu/reunion for the most up-to-date information.
Location: SUNY Oswego, 7060 NY-104, Oswego, NY 13126, United States
Saturday, May 28, 8:47 a.m. - 8:47 a.m.
2016 Alumni Mets Game
Gather with NYC-area alumni, family and friends for a day at the ballpark! http://bit.ly/1RKCBib
Location: Citi Field 123-01 Roosevelt Ave New York, NY 11368
Saturday, July 9, 5:30 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Complete ONE of the following (choose from 1-3):
1. Actively participate in a campus club or organization (as defined by attending 3 or more meetings/events). Gather more information regarding clubs and organizations available to students through Laker Life. You can also use Laker Life to log your memberships, events, interests, experiences and service hours.
Date Completed ________
- Campus Recreation - Check them out for more information on sports offered on campus.
- Varsity Sport Involvement - Check them out for more information regarding Varsity Sports available at Oswego.
2. Actively participate in ONE of the following student leadership positions: Date Completed ________
First Year Peer Advisor: A leadership opportunity for students to work closely with a First Year Faculty Advisor, providing information and support to first year students. First Year Peer Advisors earn academic credit for their experience. A great chance to develop your skills and enhance your resume!
Laker Leader: A leadership opportunity for students to join the Orientation staff and help to support the transition to college of first year and transfer students. Laker Leaders participate in training during the Spring semester, then work during the summer for approximately 6-8 weeks in a paid position, providing direct support during our Summer Orientation programs. During the Fall semester, they continue to provide support in another paid position, where they serve as program facilitators working closely with first year students.
Resident Assistant/Mentor: Check them out for more information.
Campus Life Building Manager: - work with Campus Life and manage the Campus Center, Hewitt Union and Sheldon Hall during evening and weekends. Building Managers maintain and develop a thorough knowledge of the operations of Campus Life and three buildings as per college policy.
Compass Navigator: Be a part of the COMPASS team and provide one-on-one assistance to students in areas such as internships, career exploration, exploring majors and volunteering in the community. For more information, contact the Compass at 315-312-3142.
Admissions Tour Guide: Share your SUNY Oswego experience with prospective students. For more information, contact the Admissions Office at 315-312-2250.
Student Association Senator/Executive Board Member: Run for a Student Association Senate seat and you can represent your Residence Hall or even off-campus students in deciding how your Student Activity Fee is spent. You could even run for Student Association President and be the face of the student body or run for Vice President and oversee the Student Association Senate.
Student Clubs/Organizations Executive Board Member
3. Employment on-campus (at least 5 hours per week for a minimum of 10 weeks) - Visit the SUNY Oswego LakerLeads system for a list of campus jobs available to work study and non-work study students. You will need to register for a free account in order to search the opportunities.
Date Completed ________