Student Involvement Awards
Awards recognize and reward students and their organizations whose involvement has made SUNY Oswego and the surrounding community a better place to live and learn. Free; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-5420; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Arena and Convocation Hall, Campus Center
Tuesday, April 22, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Women's Lacrosse vs. Brockport
Location: Oswego, NY- South Athletic Field
Saturday, April 19, 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Softball vs. Potsdam
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Softball Field
Sunday, April 20, 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
Choose ONE of the following activities (select ONE from 1-7):
1. ASK program: ASK is a mentoring program where students are individually matched with alumni in different careers to explore career fields of interest. Apply to participate in the program by requesting a mentor . DATE COMPLETED ________________
2. Internship Orientation Workshop: introduces students to both the Internship and Career Awareness Programs. Students attend a workshop to learn about pre-requisites for the program, strategies for finding positions, and tips for making experiential education a part of the Oswego Experience. Workshop schedule available DATE COMPLETED ________________
3. Pizza with a Professional: Offered various times during the semester, an opportunity to eat FREE pizza with a career professional and to hear about their work, their profession and their career!
DATE COMPLETED ________________
4. "Test Drive Your Career": A series of travel programs designed to put students in direct contact with professionals at their actual work locations! We'll organize the trip, get you there, give you questions to ask and even feed you along the way! Past trips have been to the Auburn Correctional Facility, Public Relations Agencies, major financial institutions, and more!
DATE COMPLETED ________________
5. Candid Career Explore careers through job description videos, search information by career title, college major, career advice, industry information and company research. Learn more.
DATE COMPLETED ___________
6. My Next Move
My Next Move matches your interests with careers. Complete an interest inventory or search careers to find out more about the skills, knowledge and technology needed to be successful in each career. Also find out about salary and job outlook. DATE COMPLETED _______________
7. CollegeRecruiter.com - this site has 350 career videos, a leading entry level job search and internship site. DATE COMPLETED _____________