Commitment to a Major
Third summer session begins
Location: SUNY Oswego
Saturday, July 4, 12:23 a.m. - 12:23 a.m.
Rice Creek Ramble
Guided walk showing visitors what creatures are around, what they eat and where they live. Participants should dress for the weather and call 312-6677 the morning of the hike to check trail conditions. Program size is limited; unable to accommodate groups. An adult must accompany children. Free.
Location: Rice Creek Field Station
Saturday, July 11, 11 a.m. - noon
Men's Soccer vs. St John Fisher Scrimmage (Time TBA)
Saturday, July 4, 12:25 a.m. - 12:25 a.m.
Women's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, July 16, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Harborfest Housing Available
Saturday, July 4, 12:26 a.m. - 12:26 a.m.
Complete ONE of the following activities not already completed in the DISCOVER phase (choose One from 1-5):
1. GST 103: Exploring Your Strengths - Looking for a major that fits YOU? Not sure what direction to take? This one credit, quarter course is designed to help students discover and develop their strengths in academics, career selection, and beyond. Students who understand and regularly apply their strengths throughout their lives are more satisfied and more likely to achieve academic, personal and professional success. For more information, contact Christy Huynh. DATE COMPLETED:________________
2. Focus2 is a web based career planning program - use the "Explore the Possibilities" section in Focus2 to explore connections between your major and occupations related to it.
3. Have a "Major Conversation" with your academic advisor - schedule an appointment with your advisor to discuss your academic and career goals.
4. Discuss "What Can I do with a major in..." with a Compass Navigator - Visit the Resource Center in the Compass, 145 Marano Center to meet one-on-one with a peer navigator to discuss your major and career options. DATE COMPLETED:________________
5. Exploring Majors Workshop: Find the major that is right for you! College is a time for exploring, growing and learning. Deciding on a major can be a difficult decision. If you are undeclared or thinking about changing your major, then this is the workshop for you! Learn about strategies, resources and services that you can utilize to research and explore majors and careers. This workshop will help you find the major that is right for you. DATE COMPLETED:________________