Commitment to a Major
Student Involvement Awards
Awards recognize and reward students and their organizations whose involvement has made SUNY Oswego and the surrounding community a better place to live and learn. Free; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-5420; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Arena and Convocation Hall, Campus Center
Tuesday, April 22, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Women's Lacrosse vs. Brockport
Location: Oswego, NY- South Athletic Field
Saturday, April 19, 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Softball vs. Potsdam
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Softball Field
Sunday, April 20, 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
Complete ONE of the following activities not already completed in the DISCOVER phase (choose One from 1-5):
1. GST 103: Exploring Your Strengths - Looking for a major that fits YOU? Not sure what direction to take? This one credit, quarter course is designed to help students discover and develop their strengths in academics, career selection, and beyond. Students who understand and regularly apply their strengths throughout their lives are more satisfied and more likely to achieve academic, personal and professional success. For more information, contact Christy Huynh. DATE COMPLETED:________________
2. Focus2 is a web based career planning program - use the "Explore the Possibilities" section in Focus2 to explore connections between your major and occupations related to it.
3. Have a "Major Conversation" with your academic advisor - schedule an appointment with your advisor to discuss your academic and career goals.
4. Discuss "What Can I do with a major in..." with a Compass Navigator - Visit the Resource Center in the Compass, 145 Campus Center to meet one-on-one with a peer navigator to discuss your major and career options. DATE COMPLETED:________________
5. Exploring Majors Workshop: Find the major that is right for you! College is a time for exploring, growing and learning. Deciding on a major can be a difficult decision. If you are undeclared or thinking about changing your major, then this is the workshop for you! Learn about strategies, resources and services that you can utilize to research and explore majors and careers. This workshop will help you find the major that is right for you. DATE COMPLETED:________________