Commitment to a Major
On the eve of the May commencement, alumni celebrate the passing of the torch of learning from faculty and staff to the newest class of graduates. Faculty and staff will lead students and alumni representing various past class years in a procession to mark the seniors’ last night as undergraduates. Free. 315-312-2106.
Location: Marano Campus Center
Friday, May 13, 9 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
SUNY Oswego celebrates its 155th Commencement with three ceremonies: College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at 9 a.m. School of Business at 1 p.m. School of Communication, Media and the Arts and School of Education at 4 p.m. Former Secretary of the Army John McHugh will receive an honorary degree at the 9 a.m. ceremony. Admission by ticket. Also webcast live from oswego.edu. 315-312-2106. https://www.oswego.edu/college-store/commencement
Location: Arena and Convocation Hall, Marano Campus Center
Saturday, May 14, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Men's Soccer vs. St. John Fisher Scrimmage
Location: Laker Turf Stadium
Tuesday, Aug 23, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Women's Volleyball vs. St. Lawrence
Location: Max Ziel Gymnasium
Sunday, Aug 28, noon - 1 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2016
Join us for the biggest alumni party of the year! Visit alumni.oswego.edu/reunion for the most up-to-date information.
Location: SUNY Oswego, 7060 NY-104, Oswego, NY 13126, United States
Friday, May 6, 4:25 a.m. - 4:25 a.m.
2016 Alumni Mets Game
Gather with NYC-area alumni, family and friends for a day at the ballpark! http://bit.ly/1RKCBib
Location: Citi Field 123-01 Roosevelt Ave New York, NY 11368
Saturday, July 9, 5:30 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Complete ONE of the following activities not already completed in the DISCOVER phase (choose One from 1-5):
1. GST 103: Exploring Your Strengths - Looking for a major that fits YOU? Not sure what direction to take? This one credit, quarter course is designed to help students discover and develop their strengths in academics, career selection, and beyond. Students who understand and regularly apply their strengths throughout their lives are more satisfied and more likely to achieve academic, personal and professional success. For more information, contact Christy Huynh. DATE COMPLETED:________________
2. Focus2 is a web based career planning program - use the "Explore the Possibilities" section in Focus2 to explore connections between your major and occupations related to it.
3. Have a "Major Conversation" with your academic advisor - schedule an appointment with your advisor to discuss your academic and career goals.
4. Discuss "What Can I do with a major in..." with a Compass Navigator - Visit the Resource Center in the Compass, 145 Marano Center to meet one-on-one with a peer navigator to discuss your major and career options. DATE COMPLETED:________________
5. Exploring Majors Workshop: Find the major that is right for you! College is a time for exploring, growing and learning. Deciding on a major can be a difficult decision. If you are undeclared or thinking about changing your major, then this is the workshop for you! Learn about strategies, resources and services that you can utilize to research and explore majors and careers. This workshop will help you find the major that is right for you. DATE COMPLETED:________________