Third summer session begins
Location: SUNY Oswego
Saturday, July 4, 2:09 a.m. - 2:09 a.m.
Rice Creek Ramble
Guided walk showing visitors what creatures are around, what they eat and where they live. Participants should dress for the weather and call 312-6677 the morning of the hike to check trail conditions. Program size is limited; unable to accommodate groups. An adult must accompany children. Free.
Location: Rice Creek Field Station
Saturday, July 11, 11 a.m. - noon
Men's Soccer vs. St John Fisher Scrimmage (Time TBA)
Saturday, July 4, 2:11 a.m. - 2:11 a.m.
Women's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, July 16, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Harborfest Housing Available
Saturday, July 4, 2:12 a.m. - 2:12 a.m.
1. The Application Process
Establish your graduate education goals and make yourself more marketable by obtaining experience relevant to your area of interest. This will give you the opportunity to:
- assess your level of interest
- identify the skills and education you need to launch your career
- relate and apply your studies to actual work and professional settings
- acquire new knowledge and skill
- gain hands-on experience relevant to your area of interest
- network with professors and employers
- meet other undergraduate and graduate students
- refine your graduate education and career goals
Unlike your undergraduate experience, the majority of your degree requirements in graduate school may not be predetermined, especially if you pursue a PhD. Instead, you may help define what classes you take and what research or other scholarly activities you pursue. The most successful candidates enter graduate school with a clear outcome in mind. Use internships, cooperative education programs (often referred to as co-ops), part-time employment, and summer research programs to refine your career objectives. These experiences will help you determine:
- if graduate school is right for you
- what you need to accomplish in graduate school to be successful in your field
You may wish to investigate:
- Gain valuable work experience, establish important contacts, and determine if a particular career is a good fit for you!
- By interacting with professionals in your field, you can determine the educational requirements for the position you want and decide if attending graduate school is your next best step. Once you know what you're working towards, it's easier to determine the best path to get there. This will make designing your course of study in graduate school easier and more effective.