Fall 2013-Spring 2014
On the eve of the May commencement, alumni celebrate the passing of the torch of learning from faculty and staff to the newest class of graduates. Faculty and staff will lead students and alumni representing various past class years in a procession to mark the seniors’ last night as undergraduates. Free. 315-312-2106.
Location: Marano Campus Center
Friday, May 13, 9 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
SUNY Oswego celebrates its 155th Commencement with three ceremonies: College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at 9 a.m. School of Business at 1 p.m. School of Communication, Media and the Arts and School of Education at 4 p.m. Former Secretary of the Army John McHugh will receive an honorary degree at the 9 a.m. ceremony. Admission by ticket. Also webcast live from oswego.edu. 315-312-2106. https://www.oswego.edu/college-store/commencement
Location: Arena and Convocation Hall, Marano Campus Center
Saturday, May 14, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Men's Soccer vs. St. John Fisher Scrimmage
Location: Laker Turf Stadium
Tuesday, Aug 23, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Women's Volleyball vs. St. Lawrence
Location: Max Ziel Gymnasium
Sunday, Aug 28, noon - 1 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2016
Join us for the biggest alumni party of the year! Visit alumni.oswego.edu/reunion for the most up-to-date information.
Location: SUNY Oswego, 7060 NY-104, Oswego, NY 13126, United States
Thursday, May 5, 11:24 a.m. - 11:24 a.m.
2016 Alumni Mets Game
Gather with NYC-area alumni, family and friends for a day at the ballpark! http://bit.ly/1RKCBib
Location: Citi Field 123-01 Roosevelt Ave New York, NY 11368
Saturday, July 9, 5:30 p.m. - 7 p.m.
The Compass is seeking applicants for Public Relations Interns for Fall 2013-Spring 2014 Academic Year. See the job description.
To apply, you must email the materials below to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, March 1, 2013:
- Resume: be sure to include your local contact information, education information (major, minor, GPA, etc.) and date of graduation. Additionally, include any work experience or college/community activities, as well as honors and awards.
- Cover Letter: carefully review the job description and include the following in your letter:
a) What interests you most about the PR intern position,
b) What strengths you possess that make you an ideal candidate for the position (include your experience with any event promotion as well as the computer skills you possess (Flash, Photoshop, etc.),
c) How this opportunity will assist you with your future career goals.
- Work Sample: please submit this electronically as well. This could be a poster/flyer, digital signage, screen shot of a website you developed, class project, photo of an activity, brochure/pamphlet, etc. - something that might demonstrate the top skill set you hope to bring to the Compass (writing, graphic design, technology, public speaking, etc.)
- References: include the names, titles, (that person's relationship to you), their phone number and email address of THREE references. For example:
John Doe, Manager, Campus Catering Supervisor
SUNY Oswego: Hewitt Union Room 132
* All qualified applications will be asked to attend the Group Interview on Monday, March 11th from 7pm-9pm at the Compass, room 141 Campus Center.
** The staff in the Compass Resource Center can assist you with resume and cover letter development
Resume and cover letter handouts can be found at http://www.oswego.edu/student/career/jobsearch/handouts. html
Check out the Compass Intern table a Job-A-Rama for more information!