Fall 2013-Spring 2014
Student Involvement Awards
Awards recognize and reward students and their organizations whose involvement has made SUNY Oswego and the surrounding community a better place to live and learn. Free; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-5420; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Arena and Convocation Hall, Campus Center
Tuesday, April 22, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Women's Lacrosse vs. Brockport
Location: Oswego, NY- South Athletic Field
Saturday, April 19, 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Softball vs. Potsdam
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Softball Field
Sunday, April 20, 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
The Compass is seeking applicants for Public Relations Interns for Fall 2013-Spring 2014 Academic Year. See the job description.
To apply, you must email the materials below to email@example.com no later than Friday, March 1, 2013:
- Resume: be sure to include your local contact information, education information (major, minor, GPA, etc.) and date of graduation. Additionally, include any work experience or college/community activities, as well as honors and awards.
- Cover Letter: carefully review the job description and include the following in your letter:
a) What interests you most about the PR intern position,
b) What strengths you possess that make you an ideal candidate for the position (include your experience with any event promotion as well as the computer skills you possess (Flash, Photoshop, etc.),
c) How this opportunity will assist you with your future career goals.
- Work Sample: please submit this electronically as well. This could be a poster/flyer, digital signage, screen shot of a website you developed, class project, photo of an activity, brochure/pamphlet, etc. - something that might demonstrate the top skill set you hope to bring to the Compass (writing, graphic design, technology, public speaking, etc.)
- References: include the names, titles, (that person's relationship to you), their phone number and email address of THREE references. For example:
John Doe, Manager, Campus Catering Supervisor
SUNY Oswego: Hewitt Union Room 132
* All qualified applications will be asked to attend the Group Interview on Monday, March 11th from 7pm-9pm at the Compass, room 141 Campus Center.
** The staff in the Compass Resource Center can assist you with resume and cover letter development
Resume and cover letter handouts can be found at http://www.oswego.edu/student/career/jobsearch/handouts. html
Check out the Compass Intern table a Job-A-Rama for more information!