Fall 2013-Spring 2014
Panel Discussion: "Ladies Who Lead"
State Senator Patty Ritchie, along with other local leaders, is inviting Central and Northern New Yorkers to attend “Ladies Who Lead,” a special event taking place that will feature a keynote address by SUNY Chancellor Nancy Zimpher, as well as a panel discussion with local women at the top of their career fields. Panel members will include Chancellor Nancy Zimpher, SUNY Oswego President Deborah F. Stanley, Fort Drum Regional Health Planning Organization Executive Director Denise Young, State Supreme Court Judge Mary Farley, and CNY Central meteorologist and 2015 SUNY Oswego graduate Molly Matott. Call 315-782-3418 or visit www.ritchie.nysenate.gov to pre-register. Free, including parking.
Location: Room 132, Marano Campus Center
Tuesday, June 28, 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Third summer session begins
Location: SUNY Oswego
Tuesday, July 5, 8 a.m. - 9 a.m.
Men's Soccer vs. St. John Fisher Scrimmage
Location: Laker Turf Stadium
Tuesday, Aug 23, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Women's Soccer Scrimmage vs. Utica
Location: Laker Turf Stadium
Saturday, Aug 27, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
2016 Alumni Mets Game
Gather with NYC-area alumni, family and friends for a day at the ballpark! http://bit.ly/1RKCBib
Location: Citi Field 123-01 Roosevelt Ave New York, NY 11368
Saturday, July 9, 5:30 p.m. - 7 p.m.
For more information, visit http://alumni.oswego.edu/homecoming
Monday, June 27, 4:43 a.m. - 4:43 a.m.
The Compass is seeking applicants for Public Relations Interns for Fall 2013-Spring 2014 Academic Year. See the job description.
To apply, you must email the materials below to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, March 1, 2013:
- Resume: be sure to include your local contact information, education information (major, minor, GPA, etc.) and date of graduation. Additionally, include any work experience or college/community activities, as well as honors and awards.
- Cover Letter: carefully review the job description and include the following in your letter:
a) What interests you most about the PR intern position,
b) What strengths you possess that make you an ideal candidate for the position (include your experience with any event promotion as well as the computer skills you possess (Flash, Photoshop, etc.),
c) How this opportunity will assist you with your future career goals.
- Work Sample: please submit this electronically as well. This could be a poster/flyer, digital signage, screen shot of a website you developed, class project, photo of an activity, brochure/pamphlet, etc. - something that might demonstrate the top skill set you hope to bring to the Compass (writing, graphic design, technology, public speaking, etc.)
- References: include the names, titles, (that person's relationship to you), their phone number and email address of THREE references. For example:
John Doe, Manager, Campus Catering Supervisor
SUNY Oswego: Hewitt Union Room 132
* All qualified applications will be asked to attend the Group Interview on Monday, March 11th from 7pm-9pm at the Compass, room 141 Campus Center.
** The staff in the Compass Resource Center can assist you with resume and cover letter development
Resume and cover letter handouts can be found at http://www.oswego.edu/student/career/jobsearch/handouts. html
Check out the Compass Intern table a Job-A-Rama for more information!