Third summer session begins
Location: SUNY Oswego
Thursday, July 2, 12:39 a.m. - 12:39 a.m.
Rice Creek Ramble
Guided walk showing visitors what creatures are around, what they eat and where they live. Participants should dress for the weather and call 312-6677 the morning of the hike to check trail conditions. Program size is limited; unable to accommodate groups. An adult must accompany children. Free.
Location: Rice Creek Field Station
Saturday, July 11, 11 a.m. - noon
Men's Soccer vs. St John Fisher Scrimmage (Time TBA)
Thursday, July 2, 12:42 a.m. - 12:42 a.m.
Women's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, July 16, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Harborfest Housing Available
Thursday, July 2, 12:41 a.m. - 12:41 a.m.
· Cumulative 2.5 GPA or above
· Must be willing to commit for the full 2014-2015 academic year
· Must possess a positive and welcoming attitude
· Approx. 10 hours per week, which includes weekly staff meeting and online course
· Position must be completed for academic credit through an upper division GST course
· Upon successful completion of the spring semester and internship, interns will earn 3 upper division credits
Navigator Interns work with professional staff members and fellow interns to create a welcoming learning environ- ment conducive to success in the Resource Center at the Compass. Navigators must familiarize themselves with all that the Compass has to offer, in order to assist students in being actively engaged in their co-curricular experience throughout their career at SUNY Oswego. Navigators will act as a resource to students regarding their educational planning, major and career exploration, experiential learning, job and graduate school searches as well as resume and cover letter critiques.
· Greet and assist visitors to the Compass Resource Center
· Strive for excellent customer service in assisting all students
· Assist staff with programs, events, presentations and workshops
· Provide Resource Center coverage between 10AM - 4:30PM; M - F for 10hrs/week (hours dependent upon academic schedule and availability)
· Assist students with major and career exploration, resume and cover letters, job and graduate school searches, reference accounts, volunteer, service learning, and internship opportunities, etc.
· Assist staff with campus outreach initiatives such as presentations, concourse tabling, workshops and programs as part of their 10hrs/week in the resource center
· Attend weekly class meetings to stay up to date on the internship
· Attend scheduled weekly hours in the Compass Resource Center
· Actively work with an assigned mentor throughout the semester
· Complete assigned homework throughout the semester for the GST course
· Participate in any ongoing training activities to stay current on resources
· Assist with technology management - emails, listserv, etc.
· Assist with clerical and office duties in the Resource Center
· Provide assistance to Compass departments as needed
· Ability to work effectively in a team as well as individually
· Ability to build a rapport with students in a one-on-one setting
· Ability to provide constructive feedback and suggestions to peers
· Ability to articulate in a clear manner to students, alumni, and staff
· Ability to learn in a hands on environment
Students will shadow current Navigator staff members at the end of the spring 2014 semester. In addition, they are expected to return to campus a few days prior to the start of classes in the spring semester for an abbreviated training program. Additionally, Navigators will attend weekly class meetings to remain current on Compass resources and events.
To Apply: The application process has closed.