Panel Discussion: "Ladies Who Lead"
State Senator Patty Ritchie, along with other local leaders, is inviting Central and Northern New Yorkers to attend “Ladies Who Lead,” a special event taking place that will feature a keynote address by SUNY Chancellor Nancy Zimpher, as well as a panel discussion with local women at the top of their career fields. Panel members will include Chancellor Nancy Zimpher, SUNY Oswego President Deborah F. Stanley, Fort Drum Regional Health Planning Organization Executive Director Denise Young, State Supreme Court Judge Mary Farley, and CNY Central meteorologist and 2015 SUNY Oswego graduate Molly Matott. Call 315-782-3418 or visit www.ritchie.nysenate.gov to pre-register. Free, including parking.
Location: Room 132, Marano Campus Center
Tuesday, June 28, 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Third summer session begins
Location: SUNY Oswego
Tuesday, July 5, 8 a.m. - 9 a.m.
Men's Soccer vs. St. John Fisher Scrimmage
Location: Laker Turf Stadium
Tuesday, Aug 23, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Women's Soccer Scrimmage vs. Utica
Location: Laker Turf Stadium
Saturday, Aug 27, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
2016 Alumni Mets Game
Gather with NYC-area alumni, family and friends for a day at the ballpark! http://bit.ly/1RKCBib
Location: Citi Field 123-01 Roosevelt Ave New York, NY 11368
Saturday, July 9, 5:30 p.m. - 7 p.m.
For more information, visit http://alumni.oswego.edu/homecoming
Friday, June 24, 8:49 p.m. - 8:49 p.m.
· Cumulative 2.5 GPA or above
· Must be willing to commit for the full 2014-2015 academic year
· Must possess a positive and welcoming attitude
· Approx. 10 hours per week, which includes weekly staff meeting and online course
· Position must be completed for academic credit through an upper division GST course
· Upon successful completion of the spring semester and internship, interns will earn 3 upper division credits
Navigator Interns work with professional staff members and fellow interns to create a welcoming learning environ- ment conducive to success in the Resource Center at the Compass. Navigators must familiarize themselves with all that the Compass has to offer, in order to assist students in being actively engaged in their co-curricular experience throughout their career at SUNY Oswego. Navigators will act as a resource to students regarding their educational planning, major and career exploration, experiential learning, job and graduate school searches as well as resume and cover letter critiques.
· Greet and assist visitors to the Compass Resource Center
· Strive for excellent customer service in assisting all students
· Assist staff with programs, events, presentations and workshops
· Provide Resource Center coverage between 10AM - 4:30PM; M - F for 10hrs/week (hours dependent upon academic schedule and availability)
· Assist students with major and career exploration, resume and cover letters, job and graduate school searches, reference accounts, volunteer, service learning, and internship opportunities, etc.
· Assist staff with campus outreach initiatives such as presentations, concourse tabling, workshops and programs as part of their 10hrs/week in the resource center
· Attend weekly class meetings to stay up to date on the internship
· Attend scheduled weekly hours in the Compass Resource Center
· Actively work with an assigned mentor throughout the semester
· Complete assigned homework throughout the semester for the GST course
· Participate in any ongoing training activities to stay current on resources
· Assist with technology management - emails, listserv, etc.
· Assist with clerical and office duties in the Resource Center
· Provide assistance to Compass departments as needed
· Ability to work effectively in a team as well as individually
· Ability to build a rapport with students in a one-on-one setting
· Ability to provide constructive feedback and suggestions to peers
· Ability to articulate in a clear manner to students, alumni, and staff
· Ability to learn in a hands on environment
Students will shadow current Navigator staff members at the end of the spring 2014 semester. In addition, they are expected to return to campus a few days prior to the start of classes in the spring semester for an abbreviated training program. Additionally, Navigators will attend weekly class meetings to remain current on Compass resources and events.
To Apply: The application process has closed.