On the eve of the May commencement, alumni celebrate the passing of the torch of learning from faculty and staff to the newest class of graduates. Faculty and staff will lead students and alumni representing various past class years in a procession to mark the seniors’ last night as undergraduates. Free. 315-312-2106.
Location: Marano Campus Center
Friday, May 13, 9 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
SUNY Oswego celebrates its 155th Commencement with three ceremonies: College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at 9 a.m. School of Business at 1 p.m. School of Communication, Media and the Arts and School of Education at 4 p.m. Former Secretary of the Army John McHugh will receive an honorary degree at the 9 a.m. ceremony. Admission by ticket. Also webcast live from oswego.edu. 315-312-2106. https://www.oswego.edu/college-store/commencement
Location: Arena and Convocation Hall, Marano Campus Center
Saturday, May 14, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Men's Soccer vs. St. John Fisher Scrimmage
Location: Laker Turf Stadium
Tuesday, Aug 23, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Women's Volleyball vs. St. Lawrence
Location: Max Ziel Gymnasium
Sunday, Aug 28, noon - 1 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2016
Join us for the biggest alumni party of the year! Visit alumni.oswego.edu/reunion for the most up-to-date information.
Location: SUNY Oswego, 7060 NY-104, Oswego, NY 13126, United States
Thursday, May 5, 2:40 p.m. - 2:40 p.m.
2016 Alumni Mets Game
Gather with NYC-area alumni, family and friends for a day at the ballpark! http://bit.ly/1RKCBib
Location: Citi Field 123-01 Roosevelt Ave New York, NY 11368
Saturday, July 9, 5:30 p.m. - 7 p.m.
· Cumulative 2.5 GPA or above
· Must be willing to commit for the full 2014-2015 academic year
· Must possess a positive and welcoming attitude
· Approx. 10 hours per week, which includes weekly staff meeting and online course
· Position must be completed for academic credit through an upper division GST course
· Upon successful completion of the spring semester and internship, interns will earn 3 upper division credits
Navigator Interns work with professional staff members and fellow interns to create a welcoming learning environ- ment conducive to success in the Resource Center at the Compass. Navigators must familiarize themselves with all that the Compass has to offer, in order to assist students in being actively engaged in their co-curricular experience throughout their career at SUNY Oswego. Navigators will act as a resource to students regarding their educational planning, major and career exploration, experiential learning, job and graduate school searches as well as resume and cover letter critiques.
· Greet and assist visitors to the Compass Resource Center
· Strive for excellent customer service in assisting all students
· Assist staff with programs, events, presentations and workshops
· Provide Resource Center coverage between 10AM - 4:30PM; M - F for 10hrs/week (hours dependent upon academic schedule and availability)
· Assist students with major and career exploration, resume and cover letters, job and graduate school searches, reference accounts, volunteer, service learning, and internship opportunities, etc.
· Assist staff with campus outreach initiatives such as presentations, concourse tabling, workshops and programs as part of their 10hrs/week in the resource center
· Attend weekly class meetings to stay up to date on the internship
· Attend scheduled weekly hours in the Compass Resource Center
· Actively work with an assigned mentor throughout the semester
· Complete assigned homework throughout the semester for the GST course
· Participate in any ongoing training activities to stay current on resources
· Assist with technology management - emails, listserv, etc.
· Assist with clerical and office duties in the Resource Center
· Provide assistance to Compass departments as needed
· Ability to work effectively in a team as well as individually
· Ability to build a rapport with students in a one-on-one setting
· Ability to provide constructive feedback and suggestions to peers
· Ability to articulate in a clear manner to students, alumni, and staff
· Ability to learn in a hands on environment
Students will shadow current Navigator staff members at the end of the spring 2014 semester. In addition, they are expected to return to campus a few days prior to the start of classes in the spring semester for an abbreviated training program. Additionally, Navigators will attend weekly class meetings to remain current on Compass resources and events.
To Apply: The application process has closed.