Declaring Your Major

Making your way through the major exploration process is a challenging feat.  Now that you are ready to declare your major here are the steps you need to take.  To declare a major you will need to complete a Declaration of Change of Major/Minor Form.  This form will need to be signed by the Advisement Coordinator of the major you are declaring. 

Keep in mind that all students must declare a major by the end of their sophomore year (by the time you have earned 60 credits). 

Remember that you are not limited to only one major.  You may declare up to two majors and one minor, or one major and two minors.  Any change of major or minor is accomplished by means of a Declaration or Change of Major/Minor Form.

Another important factor to consider is whether or not there are any restrictions for declaring the major you have chosen.  Visit theTransfer Within the Collegesection of the Undergraduate Catalog for specific requirements for declaring majors.

Have questions? Contact us at