Student Involvement Awards
Awards recognize and reward students and their organizations whose involvement has made SUNY Oswego and the surrounding community a better place to live and learn. Free; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-5420; email@example.com.
Location: Arena and Convocation Hall, Campus Center
Tuesday, April 22, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Women's Lacrosse vs. Brockport
Location: Oswego, NY- South Athletic Field
Saturday, April 19, 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Softball vs. Potsdam
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Softball Field
Sunday, April 20, 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
Students with psychological / psychiatric disabilities who are seeking accommodations from SUNY Oswego on the basis of a diagnosed disability are to submit documentation to verify eligibility under Section 504 of the Vocational Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The following guidelines are provided in the interest of assuring that evaluation reports are appropriate to document eligibility for services.
1. A qualified professional must conduct the evaluation. Professionals conducting assessments and rendering diagnoses should have appropriate training in diagnosing psychological / psychiatric disorders. The name, title, and professional credentials of the evaluator, including information about license or certification should be clearly stated in the documentation. All reports should be on letterhead, typed, dated, signed, and otherwise legible.
2. Documentation must be current. In most cases, this means within the past three years. Since assessment constitutes the basis for determining reasonable accommodations, it is in the student’s best interest to provide recent and appropriate documentation to serve as the basis for decision-making about a student’s need for accommodations in a college environment
3. Documentation must be comprehensive. Documentation should contain:
- A statement, on letterhead, by a qualified health professional
- A summary of assessment procedures, evaluation instruments used to make the diagnosis, and a summary of evaluation results;
- The statement should include a specific diagnosis, the nature of the disability, functional limitations, current status of the student, and any recommendations for support. These recommendations should be supported by the evaluation;
- When warranted, medical information relating to the student should also include the impact of medication on the student’s ability to meet the demands in the post-secondary environment.
**These guidelines are not meant to be used exclusively or as a replacement for direct communication with the Office of Disability Services regarding the individual nature of a disability. While submitted documentation meeting the above guidelines may be acceptable to SUNY Oswego, it is important to be aware that they may/may not meet the documentation guidelines required in other academic or testing organizations (e.g. special certifications, board examinations, standardized test for admission to graduate schools, law schools, etc.)
ALL DOCUMENTATION IS CONFIDENTIAL AND SHOULD BE SENT TO:
Dr. Starr L. Wheeler, Coordinator
Disability Support Services
155 Campus Center
Oswego, NY 13126