Follow These Tips For a Successful Event
Student Involvement Awards
Awards recognize and reward students and their organizations whose involvement has made SUNY Oswego and the surrounding community a better place to live and learn. Free; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-5420; email@example.com.
Location: Arena and Convocation Hall, Campus Center
Tuesday, April 22, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Softball vs. SUNYIT
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Softball Field
Tuesday, April 22, 3:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Baseball vs. Ithaca
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Baseball Field
Wednesday, April 23, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
To aid the campus community in its event planning efforts, the Event Management staff has assembled their top 8 tips for planning events/activities.
- Plan ahead. Planning is the most crucial and time-consuming aspect for any type of event. Take advantage of the event planning services offered by the knowledgeable staff in the Event Management Office, 121 Campus Center, 312-2301.
- Identify a lead planner for your event who is knowledgeable about all the details for the event and assign that person to be the liaison with the Event Management Office.
- Request the use of space as soon as you have identified a tentative date and time for your event. Requests for the use of College facilities can be directed to the Event Management Office by completing the appropriate on-line form.
- Choose a descriptive name for your event limited to 40 characters (including spaces and punctuation). This is the name that will appear on events.oswego.edu, the College’s space usage calendar. This calendar is used by the campus community to browse and search for upcoming events/activities.
- Read your email confirmation carefully. The Event Management Office will send you an email confirming many of the details about the date, time, space, equipment, and services that have been reserved for your event. Contact the Event Management Office if you have any questions about the information contained in the confirmation email.
- Publicize your event AFTER you have received confirmation from the Event Management Office that space has been reserved for the date and time you requested.
- Provide copies of all contracts and technical riders related to your event to the Event Management Office as soon as you receive them. Contracts and technical riders contain important event planning details that the Event Management Office will need in order to properly coordinate your event’s logistics.
- Remember to communicate with the Event Management Office in a timely manner about canceling your event or making changes to the title, date, start time, end time, location, contracts, or other logistics related to your event.
If you have questions or need help planning an upcoming event/activity, contact a member of the Event Management staff, 135 Campus Center, 312-2301.
135 CAMPUS CENTER * 315-312-2301