GENIUS Olympiad award ceremony
Winners among the 331 finalists will receive awards in the global high school environmental competition. Many students dress in native costume for the ceremony and wave their nations' flags. 312-2698. Free; parking for those attending GENIUS Olympiad events is available in the large residential, employee and commuter lots south of Hart and Funnelle residence halls; there will be limited parking in Lot 1, an employee lot west of Mary Walker Health Center. http://www.oswego.edu/news/index.php/site/news_story/genius_finalists_2013
Location: Arena and Convocation Hall, Campus Center
Thursday, June 20, 1:15 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Third Summer Session begins
Monday, July 8, noon - noon
Men's Soccer Classic - Alfred vs. Morrisville
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Soccer Field
Friday, Aug 30, 3 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Men's Soccer Classic - Oswego State vs. Houghton
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Soccer Field
Friday, Aug 30, 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Thursday, June 20, noon - noon
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, June 20, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
The objective of SUNY Oswego's Skate and Shoot program is to provide a casual and non-aggressive environment in which members of the campus community are able to practice and develop ice hockey related skills, such as skating maneuverability, stick handling and shooting accuracy. There is no charge to participate in this program, which takes place on regular days & times at the Campus Center Ice Arena.
QUESTIONS? Please contact Tim Graber, Manager of the SUNY Oswego Skate Shop, at email@example.com.
Participate at Your Own Risk
Participants of SUNY Oswego's Skate and Shoot program acknowledge that ice skating and other hockey-related activities are potentially hazardous activities that present an inherent risk of serious personal injury. Those who participate in Skate and Shoot sessions do so at their own risk, and agree to accept responsibility for their own health & safety while on the ice. Participants who become injured or need assistance during a Skate and Shoot session should seek help from an on-duty Program Coordinator.
Skate and Shoot Program Information
- PARTICIPATION is open to SUNY Oswego student, faculty and staff - and their spouses & children (age 18 and over). A valid SUNY Oswego ID must be presented to the Program Coordinator before participation will be allowed. Spouses/children of SUNY Oswego members will be required to present their spouse's or parent's ID, along with a form of personal identification (such as a driver's license).
- CHECK-IN AND GEARING UP for Skate and Shoot sessions will take place at Visitor Locker Rooms A & B. These locker rooms will be available 15 minutes before, and 30 minutes after the scheduled ice time.
- REQUIRED EQUIPMENT for all participants includes: HECC Approved Hockey Helmet with Full Facemask, Hockey Gloves, Hockey Skates, and Ice Hockey Stick (with plugged end). [THESE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED.] Recommended equipment includes: Elbow Pads, Shin Guards, Mouth Guards. Participants must provide their own equipment. Participants who want to act as goal tenders must provide and wear full goal tending gear.
- WAIVERS OF LIABILITY must be signed by all participants upon check-in, before being allowed on the ice.
- SESSIONS WILL BE LIMITED to the first 25 participants who check-in with the coordinator.
- HOCKEY PUCKS and a "SHOOTER TUTOR" will be provided by the on-site Program Coordinator. Participants should make sure all pucks are returned at the end of the session or they will no longer be provided.
Skate and Shoot Rules
- Slap shots are prohibited.
- Aggessive body contact and checking are prohibited.
- Racing, horseplay or activities which may interfere with other participants are prohibited.
- Food, drink (other than water), gum, candy and tobacco products are prohibited from the ice and bench areas.
- Use of headphones is prohibited while on the ice.
- Participants must comply with the instructions of the Program Coordinators, and must cooperate with other participants when shooting on goal or otherwise using the ice.
- Anyone who apprears to be under the influence of alcohol or illegal substances will not be allows to participate.
- Participants who violate the rules for Skate and Shoot, or are otherwise disruptive, will be required to leave the ice for the remainder of the session.
The schedule of Skate and Shoot sessions for the current season can be downloaded by clicking the link below:
The Skate and Shoot season for the 2012-2013 academic year has come to a close.
Dates & times for the upcoming season will be posted here in early September.
Scheduled Skate and Shoot sessions are also listed on the Google calendar below: