First Summer Session begins
Tuesday, May 28, noon - noon
Second Summer Session begins
Monday, June 17, noon - noon
Men's Soccer Classic - Alfred vs. Morrisville
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Soccer Field
Friday, Aug 30, 3 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Men's Soccer Classic - Oswego State vs. Houghton
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Soccer Field
Friday, Aug 30, 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Location: Oswego and vicinity
Thursday, June 6, noon - noon
Thursday, June 20, noon - noon
SOS Cordinator Job Description
The SOS Coordinator is a member of the Residence Life and Housing Student Operations Services Staff (SOS Staff). These staff positions are crucial to the daily operations of the residence halls and the Department of Residence Life and Housing. Residence hall front desks will be open from 10 a.m. through 3 a.m. seven days a week, with the exceptions of Sheldon and the Village; with modified hours at times of breaks, openings and closings. Sheldon Hall front desk will be open 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily; and the Village will be open Sunday to Thursday from 10 a.m. to midnight, and Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 a.m. Below is a summary of the responsibilities and terms of the position. These are specified in more detail in the SOS Staff Operations Manual, which is provided to all SOS staff members.
A. Read and follow provisions of the residence hall SOS Staff Operations Manual.
B. Desk Operation
- Assist in maintaining forms used at the desk including payroll sheets.
- Assist in collecting and distributing campus mail, packages and US mail.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining an inventory of desk equipment.
C. Desk Personnel
- Assist in the recruitment and selection of all SOS staff in accordance with established University hiring practices.
- Assist in developing and delivering training and orientation programs to SOS staff.
- Assist in developing the desk work schedule including vacation periods (long weekends).
- Assist with evaluation and feedback of SOS members' performance to primary supervisor.
- Complete and submit appropriate time sheets to primary supervisor.
- Arrange coverage for missed SOS shifts, except when SOS Coordinators academic class schedule prohibits.
D. Hall Wide
- Participate in Hall Council and RSS functions as outlined by Residence Hall Director/Assistant Hall Director (RHD/AHD).
- Assist RHD/AHD in the management and administration of the residence hall, including maintenance and custodial concerns.
- Assist RHD/AHD in the implementation and operation of the hall's posting policies and procedures.
E. Other duties as assigned.
A. SOS Coordinators are compensated at a rate of $7.75 per hour with an additional two hours added per pay period. This differential in hourly rate reflects remuneration for the additional time necessary to complete the SOS Coordinators duties.
B. The College's Temporary Service Employment Guidelines govern the number of hours worked during any pay period.
III. Terms of Employment
A. The academic year constitutes the term of employment.
B. SOS Coordinators may be required to begin work up to seven days prior to the hall's official Fall opening date and four days prior to Spring semester's hall opening. Staff may also be required to return early for hall re-opening at the conclusion of breaks.
C. SOS Coordinators are required to attend and participate in all training periods (typically, pre-service training in August and in January, and in-service training sessions scheduled as needed) and may be required to facilitate training sessions.
D. SOS Coordinators are required to attend and potentially facilitate regularly scheduled staff meetings.
E. SOS Coordinators will report directly to the SOS Supervisor.
F. SOS Coordinators may be required to work late night (1:00 am - 3:00 am) and weekend shifts.
G. SOS Coordinators must live in a SUNY Oswego residence hall during the full term of employment.
H. It is the responsibility of the SOS Coordinator to check his/her final grades online at the end of each semester. If his/her semester or cumulative GPA falls below 2.00, it is his/her responsibility to contact the Department of Residence Life and Housing within one week of the date on which grades were posted by the College Registrar's office.*
I. The SOS Coordinator will receive an evaluation of performance on a semester basis.
J. Failure to meet the responsibilities of the position, gross misconduct and/or any violation of College policy may be grounds for personnel action (i.e. warning, employment probation, or termination).
A. Eligibility to apply: To be considered for employment, candidates must possess a cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.0 or higher and a semester Grade Point Average of 2.0 or higher for the regular semester immediately preceding employment.*
B. SOS Coordinator must maintain a 2.0 semester and cumulative Grade Point Average for the duration of employment.*
C. A minimum of one semester employment as a Desk Attendant at SUNY Oswego is required; two or more semesters of DA employment preferred.
D. Applicants must be able to fulfill the entire term of employment (full academic year).
E. SOS Coordinators may not begin employment while on Disciplinary Probation.
*PLEASE NOTE: Summer and winter session grades are not included when calculating whether or not an applicant or staff member meets the grade requirements for the position.
Applications available online at: