Laker Turf Stadium kick-off ceremony
Prior to the men's soccer game, SUNY Oswego President Deborah F. Stanley will officially open the facility together with Vice President for Student Affairs Jerald Woolfolk, Director of Athletics Sue Viscomi and esteemed alumnus and member of the 1966 SUNYAC men's soccer championship squad Dan Scaia, a 1968 Oswego graduate. The first 200 students in attendance will receive a free "Laker Turf Stadium Kickoff" T-shirt and a free soft pretzel. Free. 312-3056.
Location: Laker Turf Stadium
Tuesday, Sept 1, 3:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Concert: Bach cello suites by Matt Haimovitz
Renowned Israeli-born soloist Matt Haimovitz performs all six Bach cello suites, while visiting four Central New York locations. (The “moveable feast” begins with a Tuesday live-at-noon broadcast from the studios of WCNY FM (91.3), followed by a 3 p.m. appearance at the River’s End Bookstore. The musical tour resumes at 5 p.m. Wednesday at Tyler Gallery in Penfield Library.) The remaining suites at 7:30 p.m. Sheldon Hall: $15 ($5 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in lots adjacent to and across Washington Boulevard from Sheldon Hall. http://www.oswego.edu/arts. 312-2141.
Location: Ballroom, Sheldon Hall
Wednesday, Sept 16, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Women's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Soccer Field
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Men's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Location: Oswego, NY, Laker Turf Stadium
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
2015 New Jersey Event
Find out more and register: http://bit.ly/1T3Y0iT
Location: Ridgewood Country Club 96 W. Midland Ave., Paramus, N.J.
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
About Johnson Hall
- An insight to Johnson Hall and the FYRE program
- Johnson Hall First Year Residential Experience features a program for 250 co-ed first year students who are looking for an environment that is community-oriented.
- Johnson residents have many opportunities to be leaders by serving in positions such as Hall Officers, Desk Attendants, and Recycling Technicians.
- As part of floor community, each resident participates in the development of a Community Living Agreement in order to have input in developing expectations for the floor.
- The Johnson First Year Residential Experience program is designed to assist our students in being successful in their first year of college and to continue that success throughout the rest of their years at Oswego State.
The Johnson Hall Staff
- 1 Residence Hall Director
- 1 Assistant Hall Director
- 16 undergraduate Resident Mentors
- 1 Faculty Master (Director)
- 1 FYRE Coordinator
- Resident Mentors provide many educational and social programs to help first year students in their transition from high school to college.
- Resident Mentors also act as Teaching Assistants for the College Success course for Johnson residents.
- Johnson Hall also features a Faculty Master who holds office hours every week within the building and can assist the residents with academic advisement.
- The first year students of Johnson are also given the opportunity to be active in the creation of campus activities and policies by participating in hall council.
- Meet the ResLife Staff
- Johnson Hall re-opened for the 2003-2004 academic year after a $14 million renovation.