Third summer session begins
Location: SUNY Oswego
Saturday, July 4, 10:43 a.m. - 10:43 a.m.
Rice Creek Ramble
Guided walk showing visitors what creatures are around, what they eat and where they live. Participants should dress for the weather and call 312-6677 the morning of the hike to check trail conditions. Program size is limited; unable to accommodate groups. An adult must accompany children. Free.
Location: Rice Creek Field Station
Saturday, July 11, 11 a.m. - noon
Men's Soccer vs. St John Fisher Scrimmage (Time TBA)
Saturday, July 4, 10:44 a.m. - 10:44 a.m.
Women's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, July 16, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Harborfest Housing Available
Saturday, July 4, 10:41 a.m. - 10:41 a.m.
About Johnson Hall
- An insight to Johnson Hall and the FYRE program
- Johnson Hall First Year Residential Experience features a program for 250 co-ed first year students who are looking for an environment that is community-oriented.
- Johnson residents have many opportunities to be leaders by serving in positions such as Hall Officers, Desk Attendants, and Recycling Technicians.
- As part of floor community, each resident participates in the development of a Community Living Agreement in order to have input in developing expectations for the floor.
- The Johnson First Year Residential Experience program is designed to assist our students in being successful in their first year of college and to continue that success throughout the rest of their years at Oswego State.
- 1 Residence Hall Director
- 1 Assistant Hall Director
- 16 undergraduate Resident Mentors
- 1 Faculty Master (Director)
- 1 FYRE Coordinator
- Resident Mentors provide many educational and social programs to help first year students in their transition from high school to college.
- Resident Mentors also act as Teaching Assistants for the College Success course for Johnson residents.
- Johnson Hall also features a Faculty Master who holds office hours every week within the building and can assist the residents with academic advisement.
- The first year students of Johnson are also given the opportunity to be active in the creation of campus activities and policies by participating in hall council.
- Meet the ResLife Staff
- Johnson Hall re-opened for the 2003-2004 academic year after a $14 million renovation.