Residential Life

Television, Phones, and Internet

What telephone service is available?
The College no longer provides active dial tone in individual residence hall rooms. Students who wish to have dial tone in their room can request service by contacting the Campus Technology Services (CTS) Technology Support Center at In order for students to place off-campus calls they will need to arrange for local and long distance service at this address.

Internet and WiFi
All residential communities are part of the SUNY Oswego Wireless Network. In addition, all resident bedrooms have ResNet, SUNY Oswego's Residential Network. ResNet provides a dedicated wired connection to the campus network (and the Internet) right from your residence hall room. At least one 10Mbps data connection is provided in each resident bedroom on campus. More specific information regarding ResNet can be found on the CTS web page.

What television service is available on campus?
Residence hall rooms receive access to cable television and each hall has at least one television lounge. Each room will be provided with a list of stations (also published in the Resident Student Handbook) accessible with a cable-ready television.

ResLife HOME!                 Contact Us! About Us!